Urgent - config for 50K pc

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@vicky @nilgtx260
okay.. but will the gtx 560 twin frozr II be overkill for my specified games..? Friend suggested to squeeze a 24" monitor or core i7 ... but i am not sure if it will be possible in this budget..

i5 2500k is sufficient for the apps you mentioned. Ofcourse i7 2600k is more powerful but no need to cut down on gpu and other important components on trying to acquire i7.

Go for the msi gtx 560 twin frozr II/OC and you won't regret one bit.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Intel Core i5 2500k 11000
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 9500
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 2500
Msi Twin frozr II / Asus GTX 560ti Direct CU II 14700/14000
HDD WDC 500GB Blue 1700
DVD Writer LG 22X SATA DVD 900
PSU Corsair VX550 4600
CM Elite 430 2500
Benq G2220HD 7200

It ll be just fine for all ur needs ! :idea:

OP
GeeNeeYes

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
ok guys thanks

should i go with core i5 2500 or 2500k ?? its a difference of only 700Rs

and everybody suggested a different mobo :D dunno what to select !

game-freak

In the zone
as the op said he wont be overclocking so go for intel i5 2500 and for motherboard go for ASUS P8H67-M-PRO which will cost u 8k

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Though OP has no plans on OCing, Since his budget permits he can opt for 2500k which is more future proof...

@OP for mobo get which ever is avail in these,
Intel DP67BG - 8.5K
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 - 9.5
MSI P67A GD55 - 9.5K

OP
GeeNeeYes

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
hmmm thanks everybody I'll try to put up a revised configuration of the rig according to the suggestions and post it here.. going to buy it tomorrow afternoon :)

lamington road is closed on sundays :D

OP
GeeNeeYes

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
Posting very late but the config I purchased then is

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600
Motherboard: Intel DH67BL
Memory: GSkill Ripjaws F3 12800CL9D 4GBRL
HDD: Western Digital 1 TB
Graphics card: MSI R5450-MD1GH 1GB DDR3
Speakers: Creative 2.1
Optical drive: LG DVDRW
Power Supply: Seasonic 400W
Case: Cooler Master 430 Elite Black
Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard
Mouse: Microsoft Wired Mouse
Display: Acer S222HQL
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU-Z URL: CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
ATI Radeon 450 1 GB, what card is this? And Seasonic 400W...are u sure it can power your rig properly?

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
^^ HD 450 ? i guess AMD Radeon HD 5450 it is, but why?

you just spoiled your whole config with buying higher cpu & very low gpu as well as insufficient PSU.

Last edited:
OP
GeeNeeYes

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
Sorry its the MSI R5450 MSI Global – Graphics Card - R5450-MD1GH

The shopkeeper at Cassette World assured me that the PSU is sufficient and one with higher wattage was unnecessary and would jack up the electricity bill.

The reason I opted for a better processor is that I dont play games much.. Not that hardcore anyway.. and I can always upgrade the graphics card later. Which games will run on it?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The shopkeeper at Cassette World assured me that the PSU is sufficient and one with higher wattage was unnecessary and would jack up the electricity bill.

My humble advice, Never take a shopkeepers advice on PC.. 95% of them try to sell off the crap things at high cost..

My exp, When i was in a pc shop a guy was assembling a gaming rig, he bought 5770 n guess which PSU??? Zeb 450W. Shopkeeper was assuring 450W s enough..

Cilus

laborare est orare
GeeNeeYes, just to inform you that graphics card you've purchased is basically HTPC card and cannot play any current games with decent set of settings. What happened buddy? We were suggesting you card like GTX 560 or AMD 6950 and you've purchased a HD 5450!!!!

masterkd

Padawan
what the crap? higher wattage psu doesn't consume more power until and unless they require..like if machine demand is 400W, then a 750W psu will not consume more than 400W!!

and as everyone says, I agree you just ruined the setup!!

OP
GeeNeeYes

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
its okay guys since I dont play games anyway... and i can easily upgrade the card in the future.. Thanks for your advice everybody.. It really helped me..

Can somebody explain why the PSU is insufficient?

Top Bottom