Urgent : CAFE LAN and Internet connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

csczero

Journeyman
i have a cyer cafe setup on 15 computers with tata indicom's internet connection. Values i have put in the network connection properties are ... ip address, defaultgatway and primary and secondary dns server .

problem is

1. Internet disconnects randomly in some of the computers at random times while in other computers browsing is normal
but when i disable and re-enable network connection in that perticular computer where internet has been disconnected .............. internet comes back again.

2. yahoo messenger automatically signs out in all the computers in the lan randomly
i have tried all the setting in connection preferances in yahoo messenger still prob persists
Does anyone have solution for this ?

Thax in advance

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
We'll dont know abt 1st but surely for send problem change ur Messenger
try Pidgin or Trillian :D *my.opera.com/community/graphics/smilies/yes.gif

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Yahoo messenger signs out randomly because the connection is not stable. I've faced the same problem with BSNL when it was shifting some servers. So your first problem is your only problem.

In your lan card's properties dialog, which you can open by double clicking your lan card in device manager, disable power management on the last tab and on the advance tab, set link speed/duplex mode property to something other than Auto Negotiate. Try using 100 MBPS Full Duplex or Half duplex and if nothing works, use 10 MBPS Half Duplex. Device Manager can be opened by typing devmgmt.msc in the run box.

Also check for any loose cables.

OP
csczero

csczero

Journeyman
thanks for replying

1. first all lan cards were on "auto" mode then i changed it to " 10mbps half duplex" though frequency of disconnection is reduced ... problem is there

2. yahoo messenger prob persists

but i dont think there is prob with loose cable if that was the case then why would internet connection comes back to normal after mere disbling and renabling the network connection

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom