Urgent :Buying Advice for SSD, External HDD, Liquid Colling etc.

Whistler81

The One and Only
Hi Guys,

I am looking forward to buying :

1. 120/128GB SSD [Priority - Speed + Performance; Budget ~<8000]

2. 2TB External Hard Drive [Without External Power; Budget - on the lower side]

3. Liquid Cooling for my NZXT Vulcan cabinet.

4. Good Power Supply [ for the configuration mentioned in the signature ]

5. WiFi + Bluetooth adapter for desktop (internal)

6. Backlit Keyboard and Wireless Mouse[the bulkiest there is so that if fits well in my fat hand.]

7. Heat Sink for my processor LGA775 [ Not a priority if Heat sink will not be compatible if i upgrade to i7 in the with a different socket future ]

8. LCD display front panel that displays the stats such as temperature etc in the cabinet that connects to the Motherboard

Please note that I will be discarding the current 320GB and 500GB hard drives for a new internal 2TB Seagate Hard drive so I am looking at a 120/128GB SSD + 2TB HDD X 2. I need a decent power supply to support this configuration. I have 1 200MM side Fan + 3 120MM fans 2 on the top and one in the front of my cabinet. I am also looking forward to adding some lighting in the cabinet.

Please suggest the products based on performance.

I am thankful to TDF for I have bought products based on your suggestions before and have never been let down ever. I am sure you guys will guide me to the best of tech there is out there this time too. You guys ROCK!!!

Will be purchasing these items form S.P Road Bangalore.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
1. Go for Samsung 840 series /Corsair for fast RMA
2. 2TB external drive without power would be above 10K not VFM at all instead get 2x2TB internal with that money
3. ??conflict with point 7? anyway if you're thinking about closed loop ready made water coolers than get atleast a 2x120mm based radiator dont go for those single 120mm based ones. budget ? Corsair & Cooler Master
4. Budget ?? Corsair TX650v2 will be fine for that cofig. But if budget is an issue then go for Corsair GS600
5. for wi-fi dont go fro USB there are PCI cards available from Rs. 800 onwards (price increases depending on bandwidth & power & no of antenas ). For blutooth Rs.200 USB adaptors are available.
6. Budget?
7. Cooler Master Hyper TX3 ~Rs. 1300 (probably you have to remove that side 200mm fan)
8. Budget ? There are NZXT sentry series which are easily available

ankush28

Bazinga
Hi Guys,

I am looking forward to buying :

1. 120/128GB SSD [Priority - Speed + Performance; Budget ~<8000]

2. 2TB External Hard Drive [Without External Power; Budget - on the lower side]

3. Liquid Cooling for my NZXT Vulcan cabinet.

4. Good Power Supply [ for the configuration mentioned in the signature ]

5. WiFi + Bluetooth adapter for desktop (internal)

6. Backlit Keyboard and Wireless Mouse[the bulkiest there is so that if fits well in my fat hand.]

7. Heat Sink for my processor LGA775 [ Not a priority if Heat sink will not be compatible if i upgrade to i7 in the with a different socket future ]

8. LCD display front panel that displays the stats such as temperature etc in the cabinet that connects to the Motherboard

Please note that I will be discarding the current 320GB and 500GB hard drives for a new internal 2TB Seagate Hard drive so I am looking at a 120/128GB SSD + 2TB HDD X 2. I need a decent power supply to support this configuration. I have 1 200MM side Fan + 3 120MM fans 2 on the top and one in the front of my cabinet. I am also looking forward to adding some lighting in the cabinet.

Please suggest the products based on performance.

I am thankful to TDF for I have bought products based on your suggestions before and have never been let down ever. I am sure you guys will guide me to the best of tech there is out there this time too. You guys ROCK!!!

Will be purchasing these items form S.P Road Bangalore.

provide the budget all components...

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
I have good words about the Samsung SSDs can you be specific about the model number. I presume Corsair will be a bit cheaper than the Samsung ones. I think I'll go for the Samsung ones. I need a model number.

Above 10K thats too bloody much for an external. If i go for n internal will it cost less ? Again I will need a name of a particular product.

About the Heat Sink I am guessing a Heat Sink that sits on the processor comes with the liquid cooling setup. My budget for this is ~ Rs.5000. An LED heat sink is a must. Corsair CoolerMaster dont matter. Maybe a CoolerMaster.

For the Backlit keybaord i think it comes at around Rs.2000 ???

The LCD display that i am talking about can be installed in the floppy drive bay on the front of the cabinet. I seen some on eBay.

I need to do a bit more research.

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
Based on your suggestions posted above I have decided on the following products :

1. Samsung 840 Pro 256GB @ ~Rs.14,699 FlipKart.com/OnlySSd.com/PrimeABGB.com

2. Seagate Expansion 2TB External Hard Drive @ ~Rs.5877

3. Seagate Barracuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive ST2000DM001 this one will be an addition to the one i already have.

The next items i am not sure I am going to buy right now.

4. Corsair H100i Cooler I already have two LED fans as Radiators so if i get a Liquid Cooling unit these fans will be rendered useless and also radiators in the liquid cooling are not LED

5. Not going to buy a separate heat sink right now.

6. I am unable to add the power supply right now because of budget constraints. Will go for the Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650 Watts PSU

The rest of the items I'll decide in a day or two and post the prices after purchase.

This liquid cooling thing is new to me will need time to understand this. Thanks a lot guys.

Top Bottom