Urgent Advice Required : Nokia Lumia 710 Replacement at Nokia Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
I had this unique problem of out going audio (voice) not being clear to recipient listeners from my microphone. Since I lost warranty in 2 months due to screen damage I got it repaired by paying cash at Nokia Care.

But I still found the problem persisting. I gave it to same Nokia Care 3 times(they gave one month warranty on repair), but still problem wasn't solved. Now, I had to blast them on my 4th visit and the manager told that he would get my handset replaced with same model tommorow (only the handset, not the battery).

What I want to know is how legal this is. Is it done by Nokia Care officially or is he just doing it by giving me a refurbished/black/china market handset to get rid of me. Im confused since he sounded little fishy when he mentioned this. But in the end, it is Nokia Care. Please adice. I just have a day to decide what to do.

Thanks.

d3p

PowerHouse
There is a 50-50 chance like you might get a new phone with a new IMEI number or a re-furbished. There's no way you will get a China or black market cell.

Most of the re-furbished devices will have a re-furbished tag on the handset box. It also contain the information like, where it was re-furbished. So keep an eye on it.

On top, you might get warranty if its a new handset. Check with Nokia Care.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
As I suspect, there won't be any box or such. He will just take out my battery/sim and put it in new one and give it to me. So what if there is no warranty/box. I mean what should I do in that case?

d3p

PowerHouse
Hmm. Nothing can be done here.

But ask them this question, if the screen was damage & later it got replaced by paying, then when & why you have lost the warranty ??

How is your damage related to warranty here ?? Also ask, about the new handset, whether it is covered under warranty or not ??

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
nokia card people are making fool of you..u do not loose waranty if something gets broken and you get it repaired at nokia care itself.. Your warranty would have finished had you got it repaired outside nokia care.. I had a N8.. I broke its screen when it was 2 months old..i got it replaced at nokia care for a hefty amount and my phone warranty carried in a usual way.. So something is fishy out there..

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
But I spoke to nokia customer care (30303838), they mentioned the same thing that warranty is void once there is a physical damage.

About new handset, will ask for warranty/guarantee details. If still sounds fishy, would avoid taking it.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Nokia Care, Koramangala, Bangalore (Samvrudhi Tech)

And on website, in warranty checker, for my IMEI no. it says my cell is under warranty.

funskar

Padawan
The replaced phone will come with new imei no.. n receipt issued by nokia care mentioning the replacement n imei no of ur both phones..

I had same problem with my 5800 years back they replace the phone n gived me new one with receipt challan[whatever they call it]:mrgreen:
Bt then again after 3mnths i gave them my 5800 they demanded for the receipt after that htey replaced my phone to x6 16gb:razz:
So don't worry..

d3p

PowerHouse
Nokia Care, Koramangala, Bangalore (Samvrudhi Tech)

And on website, in warranty checker, for my IMEI no. it says my cell is under warranty.

They have some good service engineers out there. Last Yr December month, my e7-00 charger was kaput & they just replaced it within few minutes without asking any further questions.

Wait & let them get you your device back. Verify the warranty details & then take necessary actions.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Hey Guys,

I have got my handset replaced from them. I tested it's every aspect to the best I could at that time. He said my existing warranty would be transfered to the new IMEI (ignoring the previous physical damage case). The only documentation I got is an update from them to my existing purchase receipt mentioning the new IMEI number and sealed by them. So far this cell works fine (its been less than a day now). Hope everything goes smooth now onwards.

Enjoy~!

Status
Not open for further replies.