UPS related enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Is this any UPS available in market which can do the following:

shutdown my pc when current goes and switch on automatically when current comes.. I want this because for uninterrupted download so that when the pc starts again the download starts automatically..

ThinkFree

Technomancer
You can surely get one which switches off computer automatically as soon as power supply is disconnected but don't know which can restart computer when power resumes. You will need a RS 232 cable to attatch to serial port of your PC

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
APC with PowerChute software does it for me, but rather shutdown I preffer Hibernate :D and brings it back when power is restore !!!

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

Choto Cheeta said:
APC with PowerChute software does it for me, but rather shutdown I preffer Hibernate :D and brings it back when power is restore !!!

is it able to restore from hibernate automatically?
If yes pls tell the model number and price.. does it requires any special type of motherB.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
the.kaushik said:
If yes pls tell the model number and price.. does it requires any special type of motherB.

In the BIOS of mobo, one would need to change the power settings to that as Power up, when restore AC Power !!! I am not sure about ur question which mobo... Infact max mobo i came acros do have the option !!!

Its power up the PC when AC power is restored... APC is around Rs. 2200/- + TAX in Kolkata !!! 500 VA was there now they are pushing 650 VA in will be price almost same, as 500 VA is discontionued !!!

:)

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

can u tell the exact model number of the apc ups u say is capable of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom