Ups problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhir31

Broken In
Hi

recently bought a new rig. i tred connecting to my existing UPS (APC around 1900Rs)
but it is having some problem it beeps as soon as i switch on my new machine (Obviously it is too much for it) :confused:
can you suggest me a new UPS which will support both my pC woth out a problem
i use Coolmaster 620W for my new machine my old one is simple mercury PSU.Thanks

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
1 Volt Amps (UPS) = 0.6 Watts (SMPS)
Please use this calculation to buy a UPS.

Example, a 450W SMPS would require a 750 VA SMPS

OP
S

sudhir31

Broken In
Thanks techtronic
i use a 600w as i mentioned an am planing to buy 1kva or 1.5kva UPS (just in case)

i was able to find APC BR-1500 IN which is around 11k

any more suggestions

OP
S

sudhir31

Broken In
E8400
Asus P5KC
PNY 8800GTS 640MB
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
Coolmaster extreme power 600W
seagate 320gb
sony DVD writer
:)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
u can buy the PowerCom 1kVA ups whihc i'm using for 5.8k.it also has option for xternal battery.using it 4 like 5-6months and no probs as of now.get backup of 20mins.presently posting this from ups backup.....

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
well if you want a 1kva one, you can buy one if you afford it in the case of APC. However the powercom 1kva one mentioned above is cheaper than the APC 800VA one if im not wrong

but it depends on how long a backup time you wanted it to be.

i have corsair hx620 620W and runs fine on the APC 800VA.
of course as soon as load shedding occurred, i saved everything i m working on and shut down. so if you like me also intend to do this. doesnt need to go high. but 1kva could be more future proof incase you wanted to upgrade to a higher rated power supply..in the not so distant future we will be talking in kva terms with regard to the power supply unit of the PC..it will become very common.. when that time comes for you, u dont need to buy a new ups. so might be wise to go for a 1kva one if you can afford it now. havent use brand other than apc so is in no position to comment on the others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom