UPS or PSU problem?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Hmm, so you recommend sticking with APC!
but can you ask the the shopkeeper if you can take your CPU there and test it on some ups(your preferred choice) on full load/heavy games???

imo vguard,apc and numeric are good...
but if a problem arises and if the APC India customer care wont care us, we can complain to the headquarters :)
but in case of vguard, to whom can we say? consumer court, they won't even care

I have BR600CI-IN APC Back-UPS 600, 230V without auto shutdown software, India
i bought for Rs.2150. It does not have the NO-LOAD SHUTDOWN FEATURE,
so if you leave the ups on even though the pc is off, and the power goes off then it will work continously on battery until it drains off are the power comes back
but the vguard has NO-LOAD SHUTDOWN FEATURE

if you can buy this the BE700Y-IN APC BACK-UPS ES 700VA 230V INDIA
it will be around 3k to 3.5k as it has software monitoring which is helpful

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
With what UPS will I check the load? The shop wont ever allow to check with a new one. So, what's the point in carrying such a big case?
I am using my PC w/o GPU so load shouldnt be anything more than 150W I guess.

Any idea how Luminous UPS are? They make UPS for Zebronics.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
With what UPS will I check the load? The shop wont ever allow to check with a new one. So, what's the point in carrying such a big case?
I am using my PC w/o GPU so load shouldnt be anything more than 150W I guess.

Any idea how Luminous UPS are? They make UPS for Zebronics.

what type of warranty do they have?
i think luminous makes ups'es for zebronics and umax too but I'm not sure, the pictures of the ups's seems familiar to me except the front panel

i had a umax 1kva double battery, worked for 1.5 years and then I replaced battery, worked for 2 months and then board died and killed the new set of batteries too
and the board repair costed me Rs.1450!!!!:shock:

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Warranty is same 2yrs and 1yr on battery.

But I am still confused between V-Guard and APC.

okay both have same onsite warranty, same battery size, and same output power
>you can go for vguard if you leave the ups powered on even when the pc is off, and when there is a powercut, it will auto turn off sensing that the computer is turned off...(no load shutdown)
its build components placing inside is just like normal local ups'es, battery and transformer lie down, and the motherboard is mounted to the roof, has very less holes ans small holes and gets hot

>or you want it to run ups cool, look small and beautiful with no flashy blue lights, looks descent and stands out form other ups'es go for APC
when the apc ups was ripped apart by the service man, the components looked arranged neatly keeping in mind the heat dissipation, putting vent at the top where heatsinks are places, motherboard mounted sideways , both side long vents for transformer heat dissipation, battery is placed vertically to save space
the unit does not get as sooo hot as vguard

APC has a voltage sensitivity setting which vguard doesn't have
APC has a circuit breaker at the back
APC has a Automatic Self-Test, everytime you start it but it didn't alert me when the battery failed

Last edited:
OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
APC has a voltage sensitivity setting which vguard doesn't have
APC has a Automatic Self-Test, everytime you start it but it didn't alert me when the battery failed
Plz explain me both of these.
So, you mean V-Guard heats up similarly as that of local Intex/ZEB. UPS?
And how much backup do both APC and V-Guard give you?

Can you post the pics of both the UPS side-by-side.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Plz explain me both of these.
So, you mean V-Guard heats up similarly as that of local Intex/ZEB. UPS?
And how much backup do both APC and V-Guard give you?

Can you post the pics of both the UPS side-by-side.
if you want real-life pics of vguard, then i will give you this evening
*www.vguard.in/images/Slender_600_img.jpg
*www.vguard.in/images/slender_plus.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img827/6127/dsc4640o.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img585/9538/dsc4630.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img411/7089/dsc4631b.jpg

Resettable circuit breaker
Instead of a hard to find fuse, there is a push-button circuit breaker for easy recovery from an overload or short circuit.

Automatic self-test
Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
many state it is useless

Adjustable voltage-transfer points

Maximizes useful battery life by widening the input voltage window or tightening the output voltage regulation.
Provides the ability to adapt the UPS for optimal performance in specific power environments or generator applications.

apc gave me 15-16 mins and then falled down to 2 minutes and still the battery is not replaced.
the service man came 3 days back
they said
With regards to the service request number "C1-45844xxxxx", I would like to inform that an order has been created to replaced battery, the same would be replaced at the earliest.
and now:
As per the update from the concern team, the battery would be replaced before Monday.
The delay was due to the shortage of stocks.

Last edited:
OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot

apc gave me 15-16 mins and then falled down to 2 minutes and still the battery is not replaced.

1. Yes, plz post the pics. Also show the rear connection part side.
2. So, APC is delaying in your service?
3. How much backup does the V-Guard UPS give? And except for heating a bit, does it have any other problem(s)?
4. I think APC runs cooler because it has vents on top and in boh the sides too unlike vents on edges of local ones.

3. How much backup does the V-Guard UPS give? And except for heating a bit, does it have any other problem(s)?
4. I think APC runs cooler because it has vents on top and in boh the sides too unlike vents on edges of local ones.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"

1. in apc website there is a 360 degree view, was busy, didn't take pics today :(
2. can't say until monday, today i called up and they said they will come today, but did not come...
3. got 10 mins with a 19" monitor and a cpu with dvr card recording cctv with a tvs dotmatrix printer
now using with a standalone dvr and cctv psu and gives 2+ hours(i don't know how, but the power comsumption will be something less than 50w)
4. true better cabinet design

did you ask about numeric ups, there are also good because they are still running after changing battery 3 times from 7-8 years
also it is also same form factor like other ups'es

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
1. I was asking for the pics of V-Guard. Can you post 'em?
2. Hope they solve your matter soon.
3. With a DVR Card and DM Printer you were able to get 10mins backup, so that's sufficient. I must be able to get around 15mins backup then.

Dont know about Numeric but last year Numeric 600VA was available for 1.6k. So, now it must have been 1.7k or so.
K, Just asked the dealer where it was available earlier and he denied. So, availability is an issue.

I have made my mind for V-Guard actually. But as you say it heats up so, I am a bit worried.
So, does it heat up like the other desi UPS like Intex, Zeb., UMAX, etc or more or less?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
1. I was asking for the pics of V-Guard. Can you post 'em?
2. Hope they solve your matter soon.
3. With a DVR Card and DM Printer you were able to get 10mins backup, so that's sufficient. I must be able to get around 15mins backup then.

Dont know about Numeric but last year Numeric 600VA was available for 1.6k. So, now it must have been 1.7k or so.
K, Just asked the dealer where it was available earlier and he denied. So, availability is an issue.

I have made my mind for V-Guard actually. But as you say it heats up so, I am a bit worried.
So, does it heat up like the other desi UPS like Intex, Zeb., UMAX, etc or more or less?

1. Hey I'm sorry but I will post the pics tomorrow, surely the ups is not at my home but in office
2. My problem was solved today
3. Yes you can get, my local Shop keeper told that even some people get more backup than apc
4. Yes it heats up a lot in my case, but its working fine. But no worries as all local upses are heating like that only.
Today I got my umax ups's from rma( exide batteries) and still the top is heating like anything

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
So, they replaced the battery of your APC UPS.
I will wait for you to post the pics.

k. then I will go for V-Guard then.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^
Thanks for the Pics. So, it has 4 plug ports at the back unlike local and APC 600VA which have 3 ports.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
Nope, not yet. Searching for a 800VA UPS. If I dont find any, V-GUARD 600VA would be the ultimate choice.
Will update you after buying.
And buddy, thanks a lot for your help and support. :)

Even I have 3 plugs on an APC UPS. Aren't 4 plugs excessive for a 600 VA UPS?

That will atleast allow me to plug my speakers as I dont have enough pluggings from the mains.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Nope, not yet. Searching for a 800VA UPS. If I dont find any, V-GUARD 600VA would be the ultimate choice.
Will update you after buying.
And buddy, thanks a lot for your help and support. :)

That will atleast allow me to plug my speakers as I dont have enough pluggings from the mains.

800va? What's your budget?
In apc 700va around 6.5k( USB software monitoring
And 1kva around 5-5.5k ( no software version) ( dual battery)

Try if you can find numeric upses in 800-1kva

Top Bottom