upgraded to 6.06 but power button missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
recently i upgraded from ubuntu 5.10 to 6.06 but i am missing the power buttion & also there are no tools in system tools except automatix.can anyone tell me how get screenshot select region & also of menus beause taking screenshots id pain. & how get power button
*img214.imageshack.us/img214/440/screenshotza0.th.png

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Gary, Here is the procedure, Next to the Terminal Window icon (on top) , right-click
choose 'Add to Panel'.Now you'll get a 'Add to Panel' dialog. Choose 'Quit' under
'Desktop & Windows'
See ScreenShot

*img201.imageshack.us/img201/6163/addtopaneldv3.png

Now click on the 'Add' button. Now you'll
get the 'Quit' icon on top. To take a Screenshot of the entire screen press 'Print Screen'
button. If you want to take a screenshot of a dialog Window only , then point the
mouse over the dialog Window , press 'Alt + PrintScreen' keys. This will take the
screenshot of the dialog Window only.

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Gary , It's there!! Only the icon theme is different!!
see there's a icon 'Quit' under 'Desktop & Windows' , select it & click on the 'Add' button.
You could have ordered for Ubuntu 6.06 anyway!!

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^
it seems like many elements of my ubuntu are not upgarded properly so there is icons of old system who get the new ones.also i ordered it.but they shipped live cd's in which gparted wasn't reconinzing my ubuntu partion & wasn't mounting it.so evry time i did install it said root partion not found so i overnight upgraded my distro.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Just change your icons mate, look in theme > theme details > icons.

Btw, same icon theme am using too here... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom