Upgrade My Current Configuration to AMD RYZEN 5 1600 X

Garv1386

Journeyman
Hi Friends,

I am here to seek advice regarding the system upgrade that i am planing.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:Movies, access the internet and play games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:40-50k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes, if required.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 8/10(i already have)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:I have 750 GB WD internal and 1 TB WD external, is there need to upgrade please suggest.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 22-23 inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have Zotak GeForce GTX 660 card which i like to use and add another card in future. I have
Seasonic S12II Series 520-Watt Power Supply.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: With in 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi, buying local and online both where price is lower.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest a good Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, UPS, Cabinet.

I will buy Graphics card and SSD later but please suggest which ones to buy.

Thanks

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Ryzen 5 1600x
Asus Prime B350 Plus
CM Hyper 212x
8GB DDR4 3200mhz
Corsair 100R
APC 800VA

These would cost you about 40k, you have 10k to pick a good mechanical keyboard and mouse. Corsair mechanical keyboards costs about 9k.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ 1600 OCs almost the same as 1600X even on stock cooler. Buying 1600 is a wiser choice.
TVS mechanical keyboard is cheap (~2k) and has cherry mx blue switches. Unless OP needs it to be back-lit and/or have many macro keys, that keyboard should serve his purpose. Use the money saved on getting a GTX 1060 6GB or RX 580 8GB (21-22k).

Reactions: nac
OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Ryzen 5 1600x
Asus Prime B350 Plus
CM Hyper 212x
8GB DDR4 3200mhz
Corsair 100R
APC 800VA

These would cost you about 40k, you have 10k to pick a good mechanical keyboard and mouse. Corsair mechanical keyboards costs about 9k.
With Asus B350 Plus Motherboard can I use 2 graphic cards

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
With Asus B350 Plus Motherboard can I use 2 graphic cards
Sli or crossfire makes no sense unless you want to play at 4k or above with constant 60fps. Then again you'll need two GTX 1080s for that and a X370 mobo.

As for the monitor, what resolution are you aiming for?

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
i am confused regarding mother board. I have three names in mind.
MSI B350 GAMING PRO CARBON
MSI B350 KRAIT
Asus Prime B350 Plus
Please suggest

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
When it comes to data storage I never suggest buying used products especially if it is supposed to be used as main/primary disk.

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Guys zeroed out the the components that i am going to buy, please check and suggest

AMD RYZEN 5 SERIES HEXA CORE PROCESSOR 1600 - 14990
G.SKILL DESKTOP RAM RIPJAWS V SERIES 8GB DDR4 3200MHz - 4500
ASUS MOTHERBOARD ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING - 9900
LG 22MP68VQ 22" Full HD IPS SLIM LED MONITOR (1920x1080) - 9350
TVSE GOLD USB - 1847

Only thing I am confused about now is graphics card so require your valuable suggestion

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Prime B350 Plus can be a cheaper option for B350-F GAMING,
Try to get "22MP68VQ-P" model
How are you getting ram that cheap?

As for the GPU, get a GTX 1060 6GB or RX 570/580 (8GB) depending on your requirements after the prices stabilize back to normal.

Top Bottom