upgrade dell s1909w to samsung 2233???

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Good Boy
guys am currently using dell s1909W and i find it small compared to normal widescreen monitors of 16:10 ratio. but i like 16:9 ratio better as am more onto games and movies and surfing with multiple tabs open. shud i go for samsung 2233, as my dealer says its available for Rs.10,133/-.

he says he wil take my dads monitor which is viewsonic 1903w for 5k. shud i go for it???

btw how is the clarity of samsung? i feel dell is much superior to viewsonic in terms of clarity, is samsung as good as dell??

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
85% of the dell's screens are made by samsung- others are like sanyo and other manufacturers. However all the dell screens are designed by dell's specifications themselves. In other words, even though 85% of the dell screens are made by samsung, it isnt anything like samsung screen. Choice needs to be made based on model number- not brand. Technology and electronic goods shouldnt be bought based on brand- doesnt work that way :p. I think you get Benq T2200HD @ 10K most probably. You also get Benq E2200HD for around 11k-12k.

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
hows the quality of benq? the prob is samsung is readily available here whereas benq is not? thats y i thot of going for samsung? can u plz comment on samsung 2233?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Some said its good- some say its pretty mediocre. But it should satisfy majority of the users. In any case, all LCD screens needs manual colour calibration which many end users dont do usually. Benq makes fantastic screens and dvd writers over the years. Just as an FYI- E2200HD looks well only on native resolution and T2200HD looks bit better then E2200HD on lower than native resolution- but the source of the picture is as important of the screen as well. You can get the screen from others cities. Many reputed sellers do ship to other cities. Check out primabgb.com or lynx-india.com if you don't get screens over there. BTW which city do you live? Maybe others who are here and at your city *might* help you out to find other sellers. Personally I would be better off buying stuff personally which is based on sight and sound, but there are certain products which are really good that can be bought with complete trust.

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
am frm kerala, no matter which city u wnt get anything here except ernakulam/cochin. btw r u using benq?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Mine is an old Dell E2208wfp I reviewed ages ago with ati 4870 IGB ddr5 as the source. As I said, these sites I mentioned do nationwide shipping.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Stick to dell 1909 model. Save money and try to get an s-ips panel in the future. Dont ditch a TN panel to buy another TN panel just because of the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom