Upgrade CPU/Mobo - INR20K

Hrishi

Anirban , I would suggest you to buy something which has very good support for SLI/Crossfire , because GPU gets pretty obsolete very soon. Specially the modern day heavy games are memory hog.
Although SLI/Crossfire is prone to errors/glitches but still it gives room for upgrade later on.

I might even buy another GTX960 next year if I get a 1080p monitor by this year end. Since , I am sure the 960 isn't going to cut 1080p next gen games at ultra.

--------------

The Asrock deal looks good to me. However , if you want to buy a new MoBo , I would suggest to get the Asus H97 pro gamer. It's very good at that price point.
In Motherboards Asus reigns.
I was strictly in a budget of 8k for motherboard which is why got the MSI H97 PC Mate for 7.1k.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
okay..

so im getting an ASRock Z87 Extreme6 with 19months warranty @ 11k.

opinions please.

- - - Updated - - -

also, compatibility with i5 4440.

STAY.Away.

Asrocok needs to get their **** right with the VRM on mainstream boards..till then..stay away.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I have decided to postpone my purchase for now.

Got RAM, HDD already. Gonna upgrade to gtx960 in a couple of days.

That'd give it plenty of juice to run for a long time.

Will buy CPU and mobo when im in Kolkata later this year. :)

Now. Is My present rig capable enough to run alongside the 960, or will it bottleneck it in anyway?

Hrishi

I have decided to postpone my purchase for now.

Got RAM, HDD already. Gonna upgrade to gtx960 in a couple of days.

That'd give it plenty of juice to run for a long time.

Now. Is My present rig capable enough to run alongside the 960, or will it bottleneck it in anyway?
Good decision. I am sure that 2400 can still hold a bit longer. Its good enough not to bottleneck the gtx960.
Buy it , I would strongly recommend it.

ASHISH65

Technomancer

i5 2400 can handle any Single Gpu without any bottleneck!! Usually i5 lasts very long time before becoming obsolete.

You wait for Skylake :-D

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Good decision. I am sure that 2400 can still hold a bit longer. Its good enough not to bottleneck the gtx960.
Buy it , I would strongly recommend it.

i5 2400 can handle any Single Gpu without any bottleneck!! Usually i5 lasts very long time before becoming obsolete.

You wait for Skylake :-D
Glad i took the decision.

Skylake or not, i will upgrade in Oct '15.

Which socket will skylake use?

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
All da wayyy babiee :D

- - - Updated - - -

btw.. will a CM Hyper 212X fit inside the NZXT Gamma cabinet??

i did not use any fans on the side..

Hrishi

Nope. A good thing lasts a long time ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Already ordered one.

Yes.......I need one too. The temps for my i5 aren't going beyond 70c at peak load in this summer. Still I love to keep things below 60c under load.
Do let me know the temp difference when you get the 212x.

Top Bottom