Updating the firmware of MP3 player -- is it safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinks

True Techie
Hello members,

I have SanDisk sansa (m230,512MB,flash based) mp3 player.. two days before i visited their site and noticed that they are providing the updates of the firmware of mp3 player.. Is it safe to update that? or is it required? what are the precautions to be taken?

Sourabh

Laptoping
With MP3 players, I feel if it ain't broken, don't try to fix it. If there are some new formats, considerable updates that the latest firmware supports, only then you should give it a thought. See the changelog and decide for yourself.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
There are no problems with the firmware updates. It is better to go for it. Just make sure that you have uninterrupted & enough internet speed. Also care should be taken that there is no failure of power supply during the process. Else software may get corrupted.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i have philips gogear it connects in recovery mode while updting firmware so i have no problems if their is somethin like then in sansa then it would be easier
firmware upgrades r good as it increases battery life file support etc.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
See what are the major improvements the updated firmware is offering and decide for yourself if it is well worth the risk involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom