Unusual problem with video and sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello friends!

I recently downloaded a video(free) from the net and it is in XVID format. Whenever I try to run it in my DVD player (it supports MPEG4), it runs for a few seconds (just the introduction part) and then automatically stops. So I splitted the video using VirtualDub right from the place where the problem was. Now when I try to run it, it runs all fine but after running for a few seconds there is a kind of a pause in sound for a fraction of second and then the sound goes out of sync. If I pause the video for a few seconds and then start again, the sync is corrected but goes off again after a few second.

I am just not able to understand why is this happening. This happens only with this particular video and all the rest works fine, so obviously it cant be a problem with my DVD player.

On the first place, why is the video not running when it runs all fine in my computer and secondly, when splitted, why is it getting out of sync after a few seconds?

The video properties are as follows:

File : 699 MB (1.14 MB), duration: 1:35:18, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 68 %
Video : 3.92 GB, 5900 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 672*368 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
Audio : 75 MB, 110 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

Please help...

Thank you.

sohancool

Broken In
Pls check the video properties using media info or gspot and verify if it has qpel or gmc.Generally most players have problems playing avi files with qpel or gmc.If ur video has these properties, reencode the video with AviRecomp or AutoGK. You can also compress the video using VirtuallDub by using FastRecompress option and by manually setting xvid/divx properties so that qpel/gmc options are disabled.

Hope this helps..

OP
go4saket

go4saket

It doesnt seem to have both qpel and gmc. I am posting the gspot result. May be it can help...

*img233.imageshack.us/img233/2748/gspotfb1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom