unique problem with my desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipulchem

Right off the assembly line
hi all
i have a strange problem with my desktop.....
the configuration is....amd x2 4200+, asus m2nmx motherboard, transcend 2gb ddr2 memory, seagate sata hdd.....
the problem is that intermittently the computer hangs while a beeping sound is heard from the cpu.....there is no specific activity which causes this problem...it is random and intermittent......at this time the keyboard stops responding but the mouse is functional for some time after which it hangs too......
the machine works well after switching off for some time......
i have shown to 2 different techs but they thought th problem was software related.......
the comp has been formatted once for this purpose but the problem is recurrent.....
can anybody guide me in this matter.......
*www.indiabook.com/bbs/images/buttons/edit.gif

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
vipulchem said:
hi all
i have a strange problem with my desktop.....
the configuration is....amd x2 4200+, asus m2nmx motherboard, transcend 2gb ddr2 memory, seagate sata hdd.....
the problem is that intermittently the computer hangs while a beeping sound is heard from the cpu.....there is no specific activity which causes this problem...it is random and intermittent......at this time the keyboard stops responding but the mouse is functional for some time after which it hangs too......
the machine works well after switching off for some time......
i have shown to 2 different techs but they thought th problem was software related.......
the comp has been formatted once for this purpose but the problem is recurrent.....
can anybody guide me in this matter.......
*www.indiabook.com/bbs/images/buttons/edit.gif
DAMN IT.I am facing the same problem.I dont know whether its a hardware problem or software problem.Its giving me headache.I have formatted my drive thousands times.:mad:
And i thought i was the only one facing this f****** problem.Can u tell me what software you have on your system?I formatted my drive (i dont know how many times so far :mad:),checked it for two days without installing any software which i thought might be causing problem.But still sometimes i think its a hardware problem sometimes it looks like a software problem.:mad:

Last edited:

Anindya

In the zone
Just last leek even i faced this type of problem. The pc freezed at random interval! So i had given the solution in which i solved it in my blog. If u wish then plz check out. Its a hardware problem.

Last edited:
OP
V

vipulchem

Right off the assembly line
gaurav_indian said:
DAMN IT.I am facing the same problem.I dont know whether its a hardware problem or software problem.Its giving me headache.I have formatted my drive thousands times.:mad:
And i thought i was the only one facing this f****** problem.Can u tell me what software you have on your system?I formatted my drive (i dont know how many times so far :mad:),checked it for two days without installing any software which i thought might be causing problem.But still sometimes i think its a hardware problem sometimes it looks like a software problem.:mad:

hey gaurav i have contacted the amd and asus tech support too....hopefully they will get back to me...apparently this problem cannot be tackled by our local computer guys.....
by my guess most probably theres a heating problem and the solution lies in the cabinet and thermal gel....but this is just my guess...
whats your pc configuration???
please keep me updated about anu solutions you might come across and i will do the same....

a_tif

Journeyman
I had a similar problem but mine was due to my sata hdd power cable
the hdd would give a beep and stop responding n system would hang

changing cables did the trick for me

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Open up up & clean every hardware components. Reinsert them properly.

Also it could be ram problem. I faced exactly same probs with my old rig with starlite ram. Bought 2
new zion ram & my probs solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom