UNINSTALL LINUX (PLZ HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

prsntcool

Right off the assembly line
.. hi ..

A few days ago i had installed linux in my pc and now removed that from computer management >> disk management .
but when i restart my pc it sayd grub loading failure.
i tried to boot using xp n 98 bootable cd but it doesnt work :(

please tell me what to do now .
i dont have linux cd or floopy with me :(

Flake

Linux User
Hi and Welcome !

Does machine boot up from Windows 98 Installation CD?
Download Windows 98 Bootable Floppy from bootdisk.com. Boot up machine from Floppy and execute this
Code:
A:\> fdisk /mbr
It will remove GRUB and Windows OS will boot up fine.

In case you don't have Floppy Driver, download SuperGRUB CD/USB from supergrubdisk.org, boot up from it and select Fix Windows Boot Loader option.

Flake

Linux User
Crazykiller said:
Just Format Your HDD and reinstall Windows
Partition Formatting won't make any difference because GRUB doesn't reside in any Partition.

a55a55in said:
If u have ur XP cd, just boot frm it, select recovery console, frm there type 'fixmbr'
fixmbr command work only if machine boots up fine from Windows Installation CD but installation CD doesn't work in a few machines. It couldn't past Hardware detection screen. Its a GRUB/BIOS compatibility problem. It is one of the reason for discontinuing GRUB development by its developers. Team is working on GRUB2 now.

As I suggested earlier, if Windows Installation CD is not working, use Windows 98 Bootable Floppy or SuperGRUB CD/USB.

OP
P

prsntcool

Right off the assembly line
Partition Formatting won't make any difference because GRUB doesn't reside in any Partition.

fixmbr command work only if machine boots up fine from Windows Installation CD but installation CD doesn't work in a few machines. It couldn't past Hardware detection screen. Its a GRUB/BIOS compatibility problem. It is one of the reason for discontinuing GRUB development by its developers. Team is working on GRUB2 now.

As I suggested earlier, if Windows Installation CD is not working, use Windows 98 Bootable Floppy or SuperGRUB CD/USB.

errrrr ... u seems rite but . i am so dumb in this downloading stuffs ,.. can u please please please post the link to download the superscrub cd download link ..
i visited the site . bt its complicated to find where the link is :(

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boot with the Windows XP installation CD.

Go to the Recovery option and type fixmbr and press enter.

The Windows boot loader will get installed and you'll be able to use Windows again.

Or you can also do what ghost-at-rest said. :)

^^
I meant Complete Formatting of HDD
Won't that work?
Why should he remove everything and install everything again? :|

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please post everything in a single post. That makes the thread look neater. Thank you. :)

If you've missed something, then you can always *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/Blue/buttons/edit.gif your post. :)

Crazykiller

Banned
I do not get any Edit Button in my Posts.
A bug???

So i use this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/Blue/buttons/quickreply.gif

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Boot with the Windows XP installation CD.

Go to the Recovery option and type fixmbr and press enter.

The Windows boot loader will get installed and you'll be able to use Windows again.

Yup, that should work.

You wanna be a victim of Gay p*rn ?

Posting your Email Here is not safe at all.

Just Format Your HDD and reinstall Windows

^^
I meant Complete Formatting of HDD
Won't that work?

Everyone Has the common sense to Backup all data

Anyways this isn't the FIGHT CLUB, So plz stop or you will get me banned for the usage of some bad lingo

^^
I'm Joking :razz:

I do not get any Edit Button in my Posts.
A bug???

So i use this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/Blue/buttons/quickreply.gif

Check it yourself
*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/9c9303e72a844ad4380e0df85e830ab32g.jpg

That's 8 posts for... what? There is an EDIT button for everyone; you're no exception and it's not a bug. Posting an edited image will get you nowhere.

Stop posting just for the sake of it. Apparently the posts in this section do add to your total post count. :|

Last edited:

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, AFAIK the EDIT button is also very well present at the bottom of every post which you post. :|

Flake

Linux User
prsntcool said:
errrrr ... u seems rite but . i am so dumb in this downloading stuffs ,.. can u please please please post the link to download the superscrub cd download link ..
i visited the site . bt its complicated to find where the link is

* Download this file *1gighost.com/ed/ta/boot98c.exe

* Double click on it and it will ask for Floppy. Insert Floppy in Floppy Drive and click Ok.
This will create Windows 98 Bootable Floppy. Insert Floppy in a machine having problem.

* Set Floppy Drive as First Boot Device in BIOS. You can enter in BIOS by pressing F8, Del or Esc keys. A help message like "Press <xyz> key to Enter in BIOS" appear in most of machines at startup.

* Boot up machine and it will drop you at A:\> prompt.
* Execute fdisk /mbr command at A:\> prompt.
* Reboot Machine.

If you want to use SuperGRUB CD/USB/Floppy, download necessary files from its website and follow instructions from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom