Unable to play any games on Dell XPS 15 Core i7

dsmarty

Journeyman
Hi guys,

A friend of mine owns Dell XPS 15 laptop. It has a core i7 quad core processor, GT525 GPU, 4GB DDR3 RAM. Laptop is only 7 months old.
Last week we downloaded and installed Assassins creed 3 and it was working perfectly fine. Laptop used to heat up when we played game.
But after 3 days, a strange problem showed up. When he runs assassins creed 3, blank window shows with intro screen and game stops responding.
We tried reinstalling the game many times, we also did a clean windows reinstall and updated display drivers to latest onces but no luck.

So, we thought of trying some other game. We installed assassins creed 1 and same thing happened with this game also. Blank window and then stuck.

I am unable to resolve this problem. Please help me. The first thing came to my mind was that, it could be display card problem, overheating or something may be? But movies and stuff are working perfectly fine. I'm left completely clueless. :s

sam142000

Journeyman
Hi guys,

A friend of mine owns Dell XPS 15 laptop. It has a core i7 quad core processor, GT525 GPU, 4GB DDR3 RAM. Laptop is only 7 months old.
Last week we downloaded and installed Assassins creed 3 and it was working perfectly fine. Laptop used to heat up when we played game.
But after 3 days, a strange problem showed up. When he runs assassins creed 3, blank window shows with intro screen and game stops responding.
We tried reinstalling the game many times, we also did a clean windows reinstall and updated display drivers to latest onces but no luck.

So, we thought of trying some other game. We installed assassins creed 1 and same thing happened with this game also. Blank window and then stuck.

I am unable to resolve this problem. Please help me. The first thing came to my mind was that, it could be display card problem, overheating or something may be? But movies and stuff are working perfectly fine. I'm left completely clueless. :s
If you think its GPU problem run 3dmark11/vantage(which ever suits your card) and see. Compare the score online with other people who have same GPU.
If there's no problem there, run the Diagnostics in the BIOS.
If all goes ok then you can think of something else.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
post HWMonitor or CoreTemp while you play 720p video or run some other games. If it crosses 90 even with light gaming, you get a problem.

Top Bottom