unable to open Digit DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiruthiru

Right off the assembly line
I am using dvd combo. I have a strange problem. While I experience no problem in opening data dvds and read/install programmes, I am unable to open DVDs from our ThinkDigit alone. (The cds from "Digit" easily open with Auto run absolutely no problem) Either I get an error message "It is not a valid win32 file" when I directly doble click on the red "Digit" folder (Opened via Windows explorer) 0r if on right clicking on the individual folders I get the file could not be opened as either the write memory or the read memory is partially read. My service engineer says there is absolutely no problem with my Windows XP service pack 2 ESYS system. Can any member help me?

OP
T

thiruthiru

I have upgraded already (i.e., before posting the message) and I am having the 9 version. Still the same problem

sakumar79

Technomancer
Does the DVD run on a different system? If it doesnt, the DVD could be faulty. You can then send it to Digit and ask for a replacement. For exact procedure on this, you should contact them...

Also, does this problem recur with all DVDs from Digit?

Arun

OP
T

thiruthiru

s18000rpm said:
Try cleaning the DVD Drive.

Have you installed any Virtual Drive Software like "Alcohol or Daemon Tools"?
This isthe first time I hear of these tools. Can I download? are they freewares or sharewares? I shall try and inform

Also, does this problem recur with all DVDs from Digit?

Arun
Not yet tested in other systems. But all the Digit Dvds for the past 7 months (I purchased this system only in Feb2006) could not be opened. All other dvds easily play

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hey dude no need to test with those s/w. they are Virtual Drive emulators.

they will be useful, if you have an Image (ISO) of a CD/DVD. a DVD movie's image... ==e.g. before i give my Precious Digit DVD to anyone else, i make an Image of that DVD & save it Hard Disk, now if that DVD gets damaged somehow, then i can use its IMAGE in virtual drive & use it.==

all you have to do is, mount that DVD's image onto virtual drive using any of these s/w.

i strongly advice you NOT to use these s/w unless you really need them.

the Daemon tool F:x:x:xed up my PC two times.

Clean the DVD too, coz sometimes, my DVD were covered in dust-Moisture.

OP
T

thiruthiru

Thank you. But as a novice and a person not possessing adequate technical knowhows, I will better refrain from using these softwares.
Thankyou for help extended.

vimsra

Since you can open some DVDs and not others, there could be a fault in the DVD Read/write program that you are using. Try three things - (1).Uninstall the existing DVD Read/write program eg. Power DVD or Nero Suite or whatever, and then reinstall them and then see if you can play/open the Feb. Digit DVD or not. If not then try to remove the ancillaries to the main DVD Read/write programs one at a time and test the said Digit DVD s,say you are using Nero Suite and it containsIn Cd+ In Cd Reader +Photo Show + Templates, first try you Digit stuff without In Cd and see if itopens now, if not now try without In Cd Reader also, if not successful, next try without Photo Show also etc.
(2) If the first step does not help, next try opening the DVD with another DVD Read/ Write program that may be on you PS thpughitis not your default one and see if that works- if you do not have any other program you can look for one in Dighit Feb '06 DVD ( it has a couple of these).
(3) If none of the above helps, then try to (a) update the driver/fireware of your DVD Combo device from the manufacturer's site; (b)See that your DVD Drive has DMA support enabled; (c) See if your Combo's manufactureer has on offer any patch from their site andif so download and install it and at every step check the stubborn Digit DVD- 99 out of hundred it seems you are facing a software glitch and it is not a harware problem- I don't think your DVD decoder requires any updating.
Finally if you are successful in opening that Digit DVD please inform others on the forum. Trying the sid Digit stuff on someone else's PC will eliminate the doubt of a defective DVD disc.

PS. Someone has suggested cleanig your DVD drive- I would love to learn how it is done.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Sometimes this Nero's InCD or something like that which it gives as an Add-on, it just purely sucks, if you have it installed, it will make your drive read selective DVDs only, so remove it *if* you have it.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
PS. Someone has suggested cleanig your DVD drive- I would love to learn how it is done.[/QUOTE] Check this site *www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/cleaning_your_dvd_drive.htm although it gives instructions on how to clean a XBOX DVD Drive the basics remain the same except the location of screws of your DVD drive etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom