Unable to access BIOS & Only Windows loads in Linux dual boot.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Hello!
First, I am unable to access my BIOS. The manual of motherboard says that I need to press Delete key when screen says "Press Del to Setup", but no such message comes and even if I press del from start to end, nothing happens. My motherboard is MSI 880GM-E35.

Second, I recently purchased kingston 30GB SSD, and I installed ubuntu 11.10 on it. Before installation I removed HDD so that system boots from disk. The installation was smooth and fast, and it booted perfectly until I plugged HDD in again. I thought it would ask me about what to boot with, but it only loads Windows 7. If I remove the HDD, then it loads Ubuntu without any problem. Need help about this too.

Thanks.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Firstly are u using a usb keyboard try with a ps2 one but i think the native usb support should be enabled in the MB at least it should enter the BIOS try it & get back

also since u removed the primary HDD during the install the boot-loader was installed in the ssd so the Grub will not appear asking for the choice of os

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Firstly are u using a usb keyboard try with a ps2 one but i think the native usb support should be enabled in the MB at least it should enter the BIOS try it & get back
Hmm. Will try to get a PS2 keyboard from brother.
BTW Shouldn't it display the "Press Del to Enter Setup" as said in manual, no matter what type of keyboard is plugged in? :|

also since u removed the primary HDD during the install the boot-loader was installed in the ssd so the Grub will not appear asking for the choice of os

Thanks.
I reinstalled Ubuntu and now it gives me choices. Thanks!! :D

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Use a PS2 keyboard, go to BIOS & enable generic support for USB devices. Then your USB keyboard will work fine during startup.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Shouldn't it display the "Press Del to Enter Setup" as said in manual, no matter what type of keyboard is plugged in? :|
:D

nice to hear that one problem is solved
for the bios to display that u need to disable the POST logo from bios

Top Bottom