Ultimate Hardcore Gaming PC for 130000 INR - 2105 USD

OP
ispyder

ispyder

God of Geek's Heaven
I think we have suggested everything you need. You just need to buy

hi, I am almost finalized just 1-2 doubts left ...

1) Which would be the beast in performance --> Two X R9-280X OR Single R9-290X ??

2) I have found some sites which takes my order from amazon and then ships to india...So my question is this that are such sites trustworthy?

3) As I might get products from USA, so how much custom duites and all taxes would be payed and how is it calculated?

Thanks for answering above questions. :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
hi, I am almost finalized just 1-2 doubts left ...

1) Which would be the beast in performance --> Two X R9-280X OR Single R9-290X ??

2) I have found some sites which takes my order from amazon and then ships to india...So my question is this that are such sites trustworthy?

3) As I might get products from USA, so how much custom duites and all taxes would be payed and how is it calculated?

Thanks for answering above questions. :)

1)two r9 280x will be much faster than a single 290x. but i would suggest to go with a single card than multi gpus. r9 290x is very much capable for 1080p displays. remember to get a custom cooled one.
2)you will not get warranty and i wont recommend that especially for expensive components.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you import computer components from abroad then it maximum chance is that you won't get any Indian warranty. Now for gaming, theoretically two 280X will perform better. All the AMD cards apart from the new R9 290 series do have some multi gpu scaling issues. Although AMD has resolved those by a quiet a margin, those solutions are software based approach. Also Multi-GPU does have higher power consumption and inconsistency in different games. On the other hand, R9 290X is based on the newer GCN 1.1 architecture and it is pretty much okay for all games at 2560X1440 or XHD resolution and will be be able to play all the current or upcoming games at maximum possible setting in 1920X1080 or 1920X1200 (Full HD) resolution. So better opt for it. However, wait a little for the cards with custom coolers like Sapphire VaporX, MSi Lightning etc.

OP
ispyder

ispyder

God of Geek's Heaven
If you import computer components from abroad then it maximum chance is that you won't get any Indian warranty. Now for gaming, theoretically two 280X will perform better. All the AMD cards apart from the new R9 290 series do have some multi gpu scaling issues. Although AMD has resolved those by a quiet a margin, those solutions are software based approach. Also Multi-GPU does have higher power consumption and inconsistency in different games. On the other hand, R9 290X is based on the newer GCN 1.1 architecture and it is pretty much okay for all games at 2560X1440 or XHD resolution and will be be able to play all the current or upcoming games at maximum possible setting in 1920X1080 or 1920X1200 (Full HD) resolution. So better opt for it. However, wait a little for the cards with custom coolers like Sapphire VaporX, MSi Lightning etc.

what does custom cooled means? and just to again be sure, you would suggest 2 * R9-280X OR 1 * R9-290X? (don't take power consumption in evaluating them)

you said that warranty would not be there.,... so would I require it? means what type of problems could occur that I need to use warranty?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
what does custom cooled means? and just to again be sure, you would suggest 2 * R9-280X OR 1 * R9-290X? (don't take power consumption in evaluating them)

you said that warranty would not be there.,... so would I require it? means what type of problems could occur that I need to use warranty?

the gpu which comes with great coolers unlike stock ones. r9 290x runs hotter on stock cooler and a custom cooler is recommended. cilus suggested to go with a dinlge r9 290x for now as it is more than enough for 1080p displays.
for warranty, we can not predict when will it be needed. it is not recommended to buy expensive components from abroad unless you have relatives who can handle rma issues in abroad itself

OP
ispyder

ispyder

God of Geek's Heaven
the gpu which comes with great coolers unlike stock ones. r9 290x runs hotter on stock cooler and a custom cooler is recommended. cilus suggested to go with a dinlge r9 290x for now as it is more than enough for 1080p displays.
for warranty, we can not predict when will it be needed. it is not recommended to buy expensive components from abroad unless you have relatives who can handle rma issues in abroad itself

and any idea that when the custom cooled ones would come? BTW you said that r9 290x runs hotter, so is that much hot for continuous 2-3 hours work recommended or not?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
and any idea that when the custom cooled ones would come? BTW you said that r9 290x runs hotter, so is that much hot for continuous 2-3 hours work recommended or not?

under load it reaches 95 degrees with stock cooler. so i dont recommend as in the long run, the life of gpu may decrease badly.
I dont know when will those custom cooled ones be available. better wait now,

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
What if i receive the package as a gift? then what will happen?

GPU life!? BTW what is the normal life of GPU?

running at higher temperatures will certainly degrade the performance over time. Gpu life depends on "ON" time and load it takes.

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
What if i receive the package as a gift? then what will happen?

Exemption for goods marked as gift is maximum INR 10,000/- more over that depends on the inspecting official. If your good are been delivered by a reputed courier company viz DHL, FedEx etc do not expect them to negotiate with the customs for you. :)

They will pay the duty on your behalf and will be on your door step to collect it from you.

At times I have paid zero duties and at times I have paid hefty sums hence one cannot predict what may happen..

Average rate for customs on electronics and toys is in the range of 30 - 40% ....

I am talking based on my experience, I usually do a lot of shopping from various US based sites and then consolidate all the deliveries at one freight forwarding company myus.com who intern forward my packages post inspection and consolidation, they do repacking rein voicing and stuff...

This way I have saved quite a good amount... ;)

amazon.com has a global shipping program and some tie up with Indian customs, they charge you customs and duties at checkout, you need not pay anything when the items are delivered however this is applicable only to the items sold and shipped by Amazon as the seller .... ;)

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Most of the z87 board can give a very good bump on core clock without breaking a sweat or changing the voltage.
that's why i dont like motherboard brands, because they know their lower cost motherboards are good but they try to promote hyped products to earn money out of it. bad signs from companies making stuff for a dying market. processors don't outlast their usefulness even on stock for a long time- unless you're buying some celeron/pentium/ or amd equivalent type processors and expect a lot from them. dont believe the hype.

you sure about that?

Top Bottom