Ubuntu Studio is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankar_ganesh

Journeyman
source
Ubuntu Studio is a multimedia flavour of Ubuntu. It’s aimed at the creation and editing of multimedia: for audio, video and graphic enthusiasts and professionals.
*i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/shankarganesh/gdmlogin.png

Ubuntu Studio has a whole lot of packages for the multimedia user. They include audio creation softwares, players, sequencers, recorders, music synthesizers, typesetters, graphic editing programs like Inkscape, GIMP, Blender 3D Modeler and whole lot more. A complete list of available packages is can be found here.
It's just been released.

More screenshots can be found here
The website seems to be jammed as of now, so you’re lucky if the page loads!

Ubuntu Studio | Ubuntu Studio Download Page | Ubuntu Studio Wiki

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Any one want to look n feel (only) ubuntu studio in their existing ubuntu 7.04 installation

Add this repo to your /etc/apt/sources.list
deb *archive.ubuntustudio.org/ubuntustudio feisty main

In Terminal -

wget *archive.ubuntustudio.org/ubuntustudio.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-look

sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-theme ubuntustudio-icon-theme ubuntustudio-wallpapers

It is just 16 MB download.

For Full package of Ubuntu Studio or Artwork,Screen saver, Splash Screen can be installed via Synaptic Package Manger by Searching "Ubuntu Studio" in search field.

Last edited:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
CHIP has probably already provided it on their DVD right ? Its probably aimed to be a Dyne:bolic beater .... lets see.... :D

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
amitava82 said:
its out quite sometime now.. i guess u guys don't visit ubuntu forum often.. :)
or digg, either ;-)

those with the regular feisty fawn can upgrade to this using synaptic, I believe

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
downloaded and installed.
did not ask for user account details during installation.
now asking username and password. :(
what is the default username and password?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Download link not working, seems like server is down...

Site Temporarily Unavailable
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

error id: "bad_httpd_conf"

Not Found

The requested URL /downloads was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Ubuntu servers really sucks.

mediator

Technomancer
Its good that they listed packages used for multimedia. They'll all be installed now wheneva I'll have time! :razz:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Arre.... Try dyne:bolic Live CD ... its really really great..... Ubuntu is great, not doubt .... But, Dyne was the pioneer in Studio grade solutions, I guess...

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Yep... But Geexbox aims at making your beize(or black or whatever color) box into a HTPC .... However, Dyne aims at a Studio..... Much like what Ubuntu Studio is aiming to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom