Ubuntu Control Center (ucc) - Simple tool for ubuntu administration

Rahim

Married!
Ubuntu Control Center

Ubuntu Control Center or UCC is an application inspired by Mandriva Control Center and aims to centralize and organize in a simple and intuitive form the main configuration tools for Ubuntu distribution. UCC uses all the native applications already bundled with Ubuntu, but it also utilize some third-party apps like “Hardinfo”, “Boot-up Manager”, “GuFW” and “Font-Manager”.

First you need to install font manager Download font manager using the following command from your terminal or from here
wget *code.google.com/p/font-manager/downloads/detail?name=font-manager_0.5.3_i386.deb
Install fontmanager .deb file using the following command
sudo dpkg -i font-manager_0.5.3_i386.deb

Install Ubuntu control center in Ubuntu
First you need to download .deb package from here
Now install .deb package using the following command
sudo dpkg -i ucc_i386.deb
Screenshots
*www.ubuntugeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Ubuntu-Control-Center-Preview.png
*www.ubuntugeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/UCC-1.png
*www.ubuntugeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/UCC-2.png
*www.ubuntugeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/UCC-3.png
*www.ubuntugeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/UCC-4.png
*www.ubuntugeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/UCC-5.png

------------------------------------------------
I have always admired acentral place to configure all my devices and settings. My first encounter was with openSUSE and I was hooked!! Mandriva Control and then PCLOS Control Center are awesome too.
I used to think why such a main-stream distro with the momentum like Ubuntu never made such an approach.

Nice however Gnome control Center was already there in Ubuntu 9.04/9.10 in directory /user/bin/ but this one is gr8. I think it will be integrated in 10.10 by default.

Last edited:
Top Bottom