Typo - the and teh - will be and wil lbe - Any solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
This may sound funny I know.

OK, here it goes.

When I type very fast, I make two mistakes always. I was going through the emails I send (I corrected them all before sending though) to my clients.

1. In most cases, I type the as teh

2. In most cases, I type will be as wil lbe

I know this is not a serious issue as email client has spell checking thing, also when I type in FF text area, that also has a spell checker. So I can correct it before posting.

Still, just wondering any others has got similar issues ? Is it just me ? Its quite natural ?

goobimama

 Macboy
I used to have trouble typing people (poepel). So I had done the MS Word autocorrect thing to correct it. Dad noticed this one day and fired the crap out of me. I have since learnt how to type people effortlessly.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
The teh happens with me a lot of times!! Also, I sometimes type a instead of s and vice-versa!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Correct it deliberately. Every time you type “teh”, stop right there and change it to “the”. You’ll be fixed in a couple of days. That’s it.

If you use some auto-correction software, you’ll keep making this mistake and it will only get worse.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
How can it not be natural? I mean I do a lot of these "silly" things, /me is typo maharaj!

I always type Download as Downlaod and like as liek, probably has done it some 100 times now! I don't see myself improving either, /me is low :D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I think one tends to do that kind of a swapping mistake when one's thinking and typing speeds don't sync adequately.

I've had the same issue but only for a short period of time, its easy to avoid with a little extra focus, or looking at the keyboard and typing. :p

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Im the king of typos. If you come to IRC you will definitely notice that. The main reason for me is that I have this weird typing style. I only use two fingers from both hands to type unlike good typists who use all their fingers. best way to correct them is to use a Spell checker and come back and correct it, slowly type the words out and make sure you get them right for a few days(it becomes natural after that) if you are into typing alot on Word Processors you could setup the words teh to auto change to the, however thats actually cheating yourself since you don't benefit from the auto change.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
When we type fast and consciously not try to avoid mistakes, we will be making typos. I too some time make mistakes, but always on the lookout and correct it. I was so much into autocorrect at a point that this really happened: during a seminar, while writing on the the whiteboard, I wrote (yes wrote, not typed) 'teh' instead of 'the', and waited some moment for 'teh' to automatically change into 'the'. Since then I made a conscious effort to type correctly before making any mistake. All I had to do was slow myself a fraction.

Last edited:
How can it not be natural? I mean I do a lot of these "silly" things, /me is typo maharaj!

I always type Download as Downlaod and like as liek, probably has done it some 100 times now! I don't see myself improving either, /me is low :D

Downlaod and liek! i guess those are the most common typos in the world.! I just cant get over them! :p

narangz

Web developer
during a seminar, while writing on the the whiteboard, I wrote (yes wrote, not typed) 'teh' instead of 'the', and waited some moment for 'teh' to automatically change into 'the'. Since then I made a conscious effort to type correctly before making any mistake. All I had to do was slow myself a fraction.

Haha :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hey.......so "teh" is a typo???
After seeing "teh" in so many threads in this forum (and a lot sites too) I used to think it as some geeky:D things like LOL,ROFL etc.
Even I was thinking replacing my "the" with "teh":p

goobimama

 Macboy
Hey.......so "teh" is a typo???
After seeing "teh" in so many threads in this forum (and a lot sites too) I used to think it as some geeky:D things like LOL,ROFL etc.
Even I was thinking replacing my "the" with "teh":p
Actually many people do type the as 'teh'. For instance, it sounds much cooler to say "this is teh sh1t"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom