Tweak Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone_man

Right off the assembly line
Hai does any one know how to disable taskbar with a registry tweak or some other thing with out using any third party software.
Remember disable :cry:

theraven

Technomancer
DISABLE the taskbar ?
thats a new one
i dun think the taskbar CAN be disabled
besides why would u wanna DISABLE it ? any particular reason ?
maybe we can come up with an alternative solution !

o welcome to the forums

digen

Youngling
I think he meant the different things we can do with the taskbar like hide,restore,hide context menus... :)

Here you go: Taskbar Tool

First of all... Welcome To The Digit Forum stone_man!!!
N A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, the taskbar CANT be disabled using any software!!
Yea! Thats da truth!
But, y do u wanna disable it?

swatkat

Technomancer
You can remove the Context menus for tray, including the Start button, Tab control, and Clock using this Registry tweak.

User Key:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
System Key:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
Value Name:NoTrayContextMenu
Data Type:REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data:(0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

swatkat

Technomancer
Ok,u got it here:-

Code:
'hide taskbar 

Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long
Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal cx As Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long

Public Const SWP_HIDEWINDOW = &H80
Public Const SWP_SHOWWINDOW = &H40

Dim rtn As Long

'hide the taskbar

rtn = FindWindow("Shell_traywnd", "") 'get the Window
Call SetWindowPos(rtn, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_HIDEWINDOW) 'hide the Tasbar
'show th taskbar
rtn = FindWindow("Shell_traywnd", "") 'get the Window
Call SetWindowPos(rtn, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_SHOWWINDOW) 'show the Taskbar

This is a code snippet in VB and u have to do some changes to get it running,it has both show and hide taskbar provision.i don't know much about it.
There was another page that had some info about that ,i read long time ago,but now the i can not find that page.
After making exe of this code,u put it in the startup.Taskbar vanishes.But there will be a white space in that place.

OP
S

stone_man

Right off the assembly line
I mean that when the windows98 starts the windows password dialog box appears. I want a application to start that is Program manager. And i do not want the taskbar to load nor the shortcut keys such as windows + e , windows + r, windows key , ctrl -escape etc., to be used so that they cannot change any system settings. Let me know if there a way to disable deleting of a file.Remember everything without using a third party software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom