TV tuner - internal or external?

Tanveerpa

Broken In
Hi,
I want to buy a tv tuner card. Which one would be better-internal or externak? Which one will be good in case of internal? My budget is 1.5 k.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
an external USB TV tuner card will be better if you are not planning to record the shows. else go with internal tuner.

d3p

PowerHouse
Check Avermedia AverGo USB External TV Tuner, comes with video recording as well suits your budget.

OP
T

Tanveerpa

Broken In
@ d3p5kor
Thank you!

What is the price of Avermedia AverGo USB External TV Tuner you suggested?

And does the recording quality will be good enough? (Coz the interface is USB!)

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
it costs 1.6k & video quality is same as of DVD quality.
Recently i purchased from bangalore for my GF, which is used on her laptop & quite amazing & Comes with lot a feature on that budget. This is used in TATA SKY SD

Model : *www.avermedia.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=495&device=2

The only problem i faced is the initial installation & learning the usage of those features.

Note: If you are planning to buy a HD Connection, then don't opt for this & IMO your budget is not sufficient for a HD tuner.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi,
I want to buy a tv tuner card. Which one would be better-internal or externak? Which one will be good in case of internal? My budget is 1.5 k.

I guess for an external TV Tuner u dnt have to switch on the CPU..only Monitor & TV Tuner can be switched on...:grin:

d3p

PowerHouse
I guess for an external TV Tuner u dnt have to switch on the CPU..only Monitor & TV Tuner can be switched on...:grin:

If OP wants a use the external tv tuner with HDMI or VGA cable, then no need of switching ON the CPU, only monitor will do the job along with Speakers, but if the external tv tuner card comes with USB then OP has switch on the CPU.

saswat23

Human Spambot
That means one can use external TV tuner without switching the CPU.
Thats great!!!
So, OP can watch TV on his monitor even if he doesnt switch on his system. That means much less power consumption.

d3p

PowerHouse
i used to find a kind of hisss...noise when you switch on the TV tuner till you manually switch it off.

Top Bottom