TV Tuner card suggestion

masterkd

Padawan
I'll be subscribing for either tata sky or videocon DTH soon and for that purpose i require a tv tuner card!!

Required features
HD ready
Live pause
real time recording with timer
FM tuner

Budget : not sure about the budget, so trying to keep an open mind..i guess 4-5k will be suffice!!

I've no idea about required tv tuners for digital tv..any help is appreciated..thanks in advance!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
TATA Sky is without a doubt the best DTH in India. You can go for it without a second thought. For tuner card, check Winfast Palmtop TV Plus which is analogue TV but if you want a tuner than can do HD, you need to go with digital TV tuner cards with HDMI input. if you are using a desktop and have a monitor with HDMI port, you can connect your HD STB to the monitor without the need for a tv tuner card.

d3p

PowerHouse
I'm not sure about HD ready, but features like Live Pause & recording are part of your Setup box.

Manual recording can be performed by tv tuners but not live pausing...

Regarding Providers..

Tata Sky DTH HD
*www.thinkdigit.com/TVs/Tata-Sky-HD-DTH-and-HD-DVR-Review_6735.html

Sun Direct HD
*www.thinkdigit.com/TVs/Sun-Direct-HD-DTH-Review_6740.html

Dish TV HD
*www.thinkdigit.com/TVs/Dish-TV-TruHD-DTH-Review_6739.html

Reliance Digital TV
*www.thinkdigit.com/TVs/Reliance-Digital-TV-DTH-and-HD-DVR-Review_6737.html

Airtel DTH HD
*www.thinkdigit.com/TVs/Airtel-digital-TV-HD-DTH-Review_6738.html

Videocon DTH HD
*www.thinkdigit.com/TVs/Videocon-d2h-3D-DTH-and-HD-DVR-Review_6736.html

Last edited:
OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
@desibond, I don't have monitor with HDMI..i'm thinking of subscribing tata sky mega lite..isn't there any hd ready tv tuner card..i mean i need a tv tuner card with which i'll be able to watch and record HD channels with full HD resolution!!

@d3p5kor, thanks for the links..that was helpful!!

After going through some info hunting, I'm thinking of AverTV Tuner with HD Capture
this one have hdmi input..so this will do the job..right??

Last edited:
Top Bottom