TV Shows Recommended By Digitians

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I did stop doing so. As of today, I've stopped watching How I Met Your Mother and One Tree Hill. There are much better shows around and my hard drives are very pleased with me. :p

If it weren't for Seth Cohen's brilliant sense of humour, I would've stopped watching The O.C. too. They're showing all sorts of inappropriate crap in the second season (like lesbianism, for example).

Xmen360

Broken In
the office blows bigtime(sitcom for idiots?)

I beg to differ here ... what were you expecting in "the office(US)" ..the usual laugh track enabled sitcom laughter riot ???? :rolleyes: This was the first different comedy (or should I called it light humor series) which I saw....and I liked it very much.Again its just a matter of tastes.After nearly 10+ years of watching american sitcoms ... The office is truly refreshing.But if you look at the office and say its just lame then mind you all sitcoms are lame in one way or the other...;-)

I saw the pilot of The Office and it was a pain to even get through the entire episode. It sucks big time.

Yes the pilot is really slow ...but the first season had only 6 episodes ....and the series gets going in the second season and thereafter.If you didnt like atleast few of the episodes then I guess its not your cup of tea... better go and watch the regular "sitcoms"

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I generally like weird humour and shows that are off the beaten track, but The Office was just not good. It seemed like they were deliberately trying to make it different and making it unwatchable in the process.

However, it's quite popular and has a sizable fan following, so I guess it must be doing something right. Also, I probably made the mistake of judging it by its cover (i.e. the pilot). :)

Xmen360

Broken In
^^ sorry man ... I didnt wanted to speak the way I did ..

Yes.. the first episode was really dull ..even I thought of turning it OFF... but then as I continued watching it for the entire season and the next ..I liked it a lot.. also I dint watch it on TV .. I saw them back to back on pc ..

Another fine series which got pulled off ..was "arrested development".

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No worries. We're used to a little roughin' it up around these parts. It takes much more than that for us to sit up and take notice. :p

I also watch them on my Mac. I don't watch television at all.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmmm... Lately catching this show called "Life with Derek" on Disney .. Nice show indeed .. And does anyone watch Kidnapped ..?? I am watching the rerun on Star World .. Crap timings though ..

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Life With Derek and Vanished sound awesome. :(

Guys, check out Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service too. I haven't watched any episode yet but it looks promising.

Last edited:
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Historic day for me. Started one epic of That '70s Show. Can't comment on the show as yet but Jackie is one hot chick.

Dipen01

Youngling
Life With Derek and Vanished sound awesome. :(

Guys, check out Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service too. I haven't watched any episode yet but it looks promising.

Started 5th season of NCIS last night :p

Been watching only NCIS since last 3-4weeks ;)

Although i wont say its extraordinary, but nevertheless a good watch..

5% Personal Life and 95% Missions, Crime Solving , Saving something/someone etc..

Plus characters are pretty awesome.. And "Cote De Pablo" who comes from 3rd season onwards is awesome :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Historic day for me. Started one epic of That '70s Show. Can't comment on the show as yet but Jackie is one hot chick.
I couldn't stand Jackie for the first two three seasons. She only looked hot after like the fifth season. Weird that you find her cute in the first season itself.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

^^
I like Latin American chicks and she looked like one though she's a Ukrainian. I believe even Russian chicks also are hot.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
5% Personal Life and 95% Missions, Crime Solving , Saving something/someone etc..
Oh, then I might not like it. I prefer it if there's a little bit more about personal life.

Does it have good humour and dialogue? What about the acting?

Dipen01

Youngling
Humor and Dialogue part is pretty good too. Humor in these kind of Series is rare.. This one keeps the lite humor between characters alive.. I can even rate that acting is good....

And some of the missions are very interesting..Innovative at times.. This is Crime/Detective Drama so some science stuff is absurd for the ones who are aware of the technology but good timepass.. Also every mission gets solved in a single episode and Finale's often have 2 eps with suspense at the end of each season..

Actually it gets better with each season as technology advances every year.. So 1st season might be little boring as it started in 2003 i guess..

Its not the best of the shows but i am kinda addicted with the characters :D So i wish they'd explore more of Personal life ;)

Heres the character who appears from 3rd season onwards :D "Cote De Pablo"

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/17304_ugpf9/cotedepablo2.jpg*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/17305_lq5id/cotedepablo1.jpg*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/17306_nkb6s/cotedepablo3.jpg*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/17307_hnshh/cotedepablo4.jpg*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/17308_gfayf/cotedepablo5.jpg

More on her -> *gallery.cote-de-pablo.net/ ;)

And she replaced this character below who appears in 1st and 2nd season.. I didn't like her very much.. As in by looks.. Acting was pretty good..

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/17309_anrmj/alexander61600x1200.jpg*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/17310_c800l/alexander81280x960.jpg*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/17311_1vv5c/alexander11152x864.jpg*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/17312_9tcle/sasha_alexander_photo_9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Robin is number 1. Jessica is number 2. The chick who comes in Prison Break (not sara) is number 3.

We need to have best chicks round up...

Status
Not open for further replies.