[TUTORIAL]Speed up your uTorrent downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I use utorrent's default settings and my D/L speed is always 150+ kbps.
Is this is low speed?
Depends on your connection, as Plasma Snake said. If its a 2 mbps connection, and you're downloading a really good seeded torrent, then you are missing 75-100 kBps. I'll let you decide if its low or high.

@dheeraj, can you set the limits for me? me havin 2mbps
Similarly, In a 2 mbps connection, theoritical maximum download speed = 2 * 1024 / 8 = 256 KBPS. I got the best results of 250 KBPS (out of 256) at 10 KBPS upload speed.

but when i right click the torrent and try to set upload limit it shows only upto 5KBPS

and btw i get 250-300 KBPS while downloading some straight linked files.

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
^^In uTorrent, go to Options>> Preferences>> Connection>> and set the upload speed here. Click on OK.

And like I said before, you may have to forward the port you use for P2P.

Last edited:

parthbarot

In the zone
i have 2 mbps... bsnl BB... and i keep my upload limit... (from uToorent's status bar limit options i mean) to... 20 to 25 KBps..and i get 150 to 220 KBps... :D if more seeded torents... so atleast i get 2 to 3 GB in 5.5 hours :)

isnt its grt?

Parth

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Hey Dheeraj, could you tell me the path to the TCP/IP.sys file?? The patcher doesn't work for me so I've got to manually modify the file.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Will not necessarily work.
Cuz sometimes I get around 225kBps on H500 even without tweaking(Port Forwarding included)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Text editor? LOL!!!

A driver is a compiled C file, so essentially its a program. Of course its garbled. You cant modify it like a .ini settings file. You need to use a hex editor like iHex or Hex Workshop, and you need to know the right offset to modify the file. Also, you need to modify the checksum in the file's header so that windows wont reject it as a corrupted file. Finding those offsets need debugging skills. You're better off searching google for your version's connection and checksum offsets.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
+1 for beta for this gr8 tut..really working...
one question : my port forwarding is not working properly..I m in a hotel where I dont know the router name etc..There is only a LAN port attached in wall to which I connect my LAN cable..now tell me how do I forward my port correctly.I dont have any windows firewall etc :D

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Sorry, you need to have access to the router in order to port-forward.

Try *192.168.1.1/ with user and pass as "admin"

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: *192.168.1.1/

The following error was encountered:

Connection to 192.168.1.1 Failed
The system returned:

(113) No route to hostThe remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
^^I guess you won't be able to access the router. The address is something different. Try it in your own home here in India. :)

^^ Sorry, you need to have access to the router in order to port-forward.

Try *192.168.1.1/ with user and pass as "admin"

BTW, he's in the US right now!!!
192.168.1.1 is used by BSNL right?? BSNL in the US??
LOL

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
192.158.1.1 is the default IP address of a linksys router. Its a private LAN IP address, and cannot be routed(like 127.0.0.1)

It was introduced in linksys routers, and now it has become an unofficial standard. Its neither used by BSNL, nor by our country (LOL)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
speed jumped from ~6kB/s tp ~10kB/s. The port number change put it up to ~9kB/s and the encryption preferences did the rest... I don't think the patch file is that important. Up speed went from ~4kB/s to ~8kB/s which would make others happy I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom