Turbo C/C++ and other junk compilers help, discussions and queries here

satbir

Broken In
hey puja............ dos is very much alive.......... many ppl still use it to make partitions(using Fdisk).......

puja399

In the zone
satbir said:
hey puja............ dos is very much alive.......... many ppl still use it to make partitions(using Fdisk).......
So it seems from ur post!!! Nice use for Dos, after all.
Ru sure its Dos-fdisk that many ppl r still using, and not Windows-fdisk????

BTW, fdisk is a NICE(??!!!) tool for partitioning, won't u agree !!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Dear
MS Dos is still used mainly due to the fact that
the Nt based os ie: win2k,Xp etc does not allow any
applications direct and complete access to the hdd and the MBR.
Hence for running app like partion magic etc real dos mode is required.
You also cannot install a boot manager like XOSL through XP.

puja399

In the zone
amitsaudy said:
Dear
MS Dos is still used mainly due to the fact that
the Nt based os ie: win2k,Xp etc does not allow any
applications direct and complete access to the hdd and the MBR.
Hence for running app like partion magic etc real dos mode is required.
How very enlightening!!!! Silly me, I didn't know the 'true use' of MSDOS nowadays. Now I know finally, that for NT based OSs, I need MSDOS (?!) to have 'complete' access to hDD and MBR. So, for my XP, I don't need tools like 'diskpart' and also I guess the MS guys were fool enough to add coomands like 'fixmbr' etc, etc.
amitsaudy said:
You also cannot install a boot manager like XOSL through XP.
I don't know about XOSL, but I guess that the bootmanager installed on my XP partition, what is its name ? Oh, yes, VCOM System Commander, that is (I think) installed in my HDD is just an imagination of mine. Its actually not there, I think its there, but its not, its because of The Matrix :p :p :p

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys the best C++ IDE and complier around is of Dev CPP. Its IDE allows you to use write in 3-4 programming languages like C, C++, GTK etc. I agree we can write C in any C++ program. Then its complier is GCC the best one. Even NASA people are using it!

pradeep

Right off the assembly line
C++ installation

I have copied c++ folder to c: drive. But cpp.exe is not opening. How to install c++ in c: drive ?

nix

need turbo c++ 3.0 IDE

hi all,
i need turbo c++ 3.0 IDE...the same version is there in my college lab comps. i need that version of c++. i searched the net but couldnt find that version. can anyone give me the link of where its available.
thanks in advance

william

Journeyman
Re: need turbo c++ 3.0 IDE

But why do u want to go for turbo c++ why don't u try out bloodshed dev tools for c++.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz

u could download it via Bittorrent if it is available for free.

why not take it from the college itself???

MysticHalo

Your Maker.

saurabh.sauron said:
why not take it from the college itself???

Quite right...probably the simplest solution.
TurboC++ is a product of Borland, so better check their site. AFAIK, now Borland has discontinued TurboC++ and offers only the command line compiler for C++.
actually, there r two types--DOS IDE and WINdows IDE...i think u might find the DOS one,but windows it not available at all.

PS: i dont understand why most of colleges and schools stick to Turbo even after its no longer available.

sms_solver

In the zone

I don't thing Turbo C++ 3.0 is free,

Turbo C++ v1.01 free and it can be download from Borland
Link:
*community.borland.com/article/0,1410,21751,00.html

nix

i have the 1.01 version dos IDE..i was looking for version 3. anywayz, i guess i'll have to take it from the college itself.
thanks,

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz

@nix,
if u want an interface similar to Turbo C++ IDE, u can download a free version of it labelled Turbo C++ Lite. I use it along with Bloodshed.

Download Link :-

*www.simonhuggins.com/courses/progbegin/c/download/TCLITE.exe

varkey

Journeyman

anyway if u want TC++ 3.0. i can send it to u. just mail me at admin{at}varkey.info

Nimda

l33t n00b!

Version 3.0 is discontinued by Borland. But it's easy to find it. Just google for "tc30.exe".