Turbo C/C++ and other junk compilers help, discussions and queries here

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Re: Turbo C/C++ and other junk compilers discussions here

I wish the Indian educational institutes can stop sucking on the tit of "I-only-know-this" mentality.

Apart from the conventional "sane" alternatives:
- MingW/GCC
- Code::Blocks (nice)
- Dev C++
- Microsoft Visual C++ Express (Heck, even M$ is doing their bit for the society).

There are other things:
- Emulate 16-bit working environment using DosBOX
- Emulate Virtual Machine. Some freewares are available. (My pref). VirtualBox. VMPlayer, etc.

If you're hell bent upon using the sundial to know the time and/or helpless 'coz Teh Old Folks think you're too small to outsmart them, here are my 2 cents:

- Full Screen for TC
- If you're too lazy to even bother with DosBox, here's a one-stop-single-click app. Just give path to TC and click. (Set directories within TC as: "INCLUDE" & "LIB", no paths)

P.S. Someone mentioned Yashwant Kanetkar, it's a sh!tty book with no regard to ANSI standards. It's a sad sad thing universities actually recommend this piece of crap.

tuxybuzz

Ballack Junior

I really hate it when Turbo is referred to as C++..lol.
Most students don't even know that Turbo is not the goddamn language. Thankfully my lab has a linux box with gcc. :D

achuthan1988

Broken In
Re: C/C++ Beginner's Guide and Post Basic Questions here

i installed DOSBOX 0.74 and turbo c++ in the directory c:\TC
But the BIN,INCLUDE and LIB folders are in a TC folder inside c:\TC
so when i launched tc++ with DOSBOX it showed invalid directory.So i changed the directory to C:\TC\TC\INCLUDE and C:\TC\TC\LIB.But still when i compile it shows iostream.h not found and so on...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I think you should keep that directory empty. Even I got this error at my school sometimes.

nims11

BIOS Terminator

after opening turboC++, goto options->directories and enter the path to the different directories there.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R

Try the one-click app, mentioned in my post.

sanjeeb_san

Right off the assembly line

:?:
Hi guys , i m a beginner in c++ , i was trying to create a simple program that prints any random line for infinity times without interruption .. but it has to abort if the user wants ,say ( he can press any key to abort).

I tried the program like this

for(;;)
{
cout<<"hello";
cin>>ch;
if(ch=='y')break;
}

i encounter a problem that the program was stopping to take an i/p every time it get into the loop.... that is undesireable .....
plz help me out to solve this problem....

I would expect that i would get solution very soon

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^ First of all, welcome to TDF. :-D

Well, you can use kbhit() function to interrupt an infinite loop.
But since the mentioned function use conio.h, I must give you a Non Portable Code warning.

It goes like this,

WARNING: NON-PORTABLE CODE
Code:
    while(1)
    {
        if (kbhit())
                break;
        cout << "\nHello.";
    }

Last edited:

aurora

c++ graphics help

hello guys can any one help me with this problem i am having implemnting graphics in borland c++ version 5.02?(it's outdated but that's what cbse in it's unparalleld wisdom allows us to use). my problem is :- after carefully setting all the necessary prerequisites and including graphics.h(BGI graphics, DOS standard)when i try to compile the prog. it gives the error "not enough parameters to call initgraph with" whenever the first parameter in initgraph() is set to autodetect.when i try to do it by setting all parameters by hand, all i get is a flashing screen after which the program terminates. PLEASE HELP.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Re: c++ graphics help

try this
Code:
int gd=DETECT, gm;

initgraph(&gd, &gm, "c:\\turboc3\\bgi " );
change the third argument according to your compiler path

aurora

Re: c++ graphics help

hello nims11 i tried what you suggested. the same problem persists, with the exception that the flashing console now shows this :-bgi error graphics not initialized use initgraph. wh:neutral:at do i do?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

guys need help with a c++ program

I need to add a statement "DO u want to continue, Y or N" after each page is completed. its a school project

tHIS IS the file link

Just a dummy file for project. No real functionality. need to submit tommorow.

Neuron

Electronic.

Add a boolean variable.Put all those choice selection statements in a while loop which runs as long as the bool flag is set.Reset the bool variable when the user answers no.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Book isnt helping. Program isnt helping. Pls upload or copy paste the complete code. will be thankfull :)

nims11

BIOS Terminator

I need to add a statement "DO u want to continue, Y or N" after each page is completed. its a school project

tHIS IS the file link

Didnt get you problem.
Code:
do{
//.......
ch=getchar();
}while(ch=='y');

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

tHIS IS the file link

I have added a loop to repeat the content of main function. And put an extra option in the menu to Exit.
This is not asking Y/N since, now the user can exit when he wants to if he enters 0.

I hope this solves your problem.

PS: This code is Non-ANSI Compliant! Using which equates to 100 years of time in TDF Jail! You have been warned!

File: KARAN.CPP

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@Vineet369 Thanks x10000000 :D
Absolutely amazing. Thanks a lot!!

nims11

BIOS Terminator

coz it is for our great Blue screened compiler.

Top Bottom