Turbo C++ 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Wow, our educational system accomplished the mission of creating a humongous flock of 'turbo' zombies.

aniket.awati

I am the Legend.........
just in case you dont know,
c/c++ doesnt mean tc 3.0 as is made apparent by our edu sys.
But anyways, try a good compiler like gcc with ide like Code-Blocks.
Or borland 5.5 with relo (ide) works well (for starters atleast).

OP
D

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
just in case you dont know,
c/c++ doesnt mean tc 3.0 as is made apparent by our edu sys.
But anyways, try a good compiler like gcc with ide like Code-Blocks.
Or borland 5.5 with relo (ide) works well (for starters atleast).

I use borland with relo already but i need to get hold of it to be familiar while doing my exams. Is it free or paid

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
GCC is free, but if you are looking for familiarity to the academic stuff, you shouldn't be looking at it.

Though you wouldn't require "familiarity" here really if you know your code well, I'd suggest you ask your institution itself to provide the software. They usually do without any hesitation.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Even I used this compiler for two years for my 12th boards.
Dont understand why CBSE uses this ages old compiler as a standard. All APIs are now deprecated I suppose.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No idea, atleast at college level we get to use gcc (cc command in *nix environments). But till then its all TC.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Syllabus makers are not to blame as you will hardly see any where it is compulsary to use a particular compiler only. School and college sytem adminstrators are to blame.

aniket.awati

I am the Legend.........
teachers think their students should also learn c/cpp in a way they did. something like old is gold!! :D

anyways tc is NOW free and obsolete. And borland 5.5 is also free. YOu can even have something named 'turbo explorer' free for c++, dont know is it compiler or ide.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
^^Syllabus makers are not to blame as you will hardly see any where it is compulsary to use a particular compiler only. School and college sytem adminstrators are to blame.
The Version of C++ prescribes in the syllabus is the old standard not the ISO C+ standard .
even after 10 years of C++ being standardized the Syllabus-Makers haven't updated the system .

Just look at any 12th grade book out there and you will see the old standard being used. The teachers have no clue either . once i told my comp teacher abt the Standard C++ and he was like , this is "Visual C++" . He thought this version was only used in Visual C++ (Microsoft's IDE) and not that it was a standard .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom