Troubleshoot themes in Beryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
I have installed Beryl on my Suse 10.2 system and using emerland theme manager but I can't figure out how to change themes from emerland theme manager there is no option to apply theme?

*img407.imageshack.us/img407/2923/beryl1tp9.th.png

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You just have to click on the theme to apply it.
But looking at the screenshot, either beryl is not running as your window manager or you have selected heliodor as your decoration manager.

checked again, beryl is not running.

Last edited:
OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
look at these screenshots there is a beryl logo on desktop cube ! and beryl-xgl in process table '
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/9949/beryldg4.th.png

*img341.imageshack.us/img341/9727/beryl2zb7.th.png

mehulved

Hmm. then why isn't there beryl-manager icon? Also check if the decoration manager is heliodor?

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
tried ^^ but no sucess now I can't see title bars of applications !
*img180.imageshack.us/img180/1346/beryl3fn1.th.png

mehulved

Also what graphics card? What driver are you using?
And I guess xgl needs xserver-xorg-air. Is it running?

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Code:
loveme@Jurisprudence:~> beryl
* Beryl system compatibility check                           *

Detected xserver                                : XGL

Checking Display :0.0 ...

Checking for XComposite extension               : passed (v0.3)
Checking for XDamage extension                  : passed
Checking for RandR extension                    : passed
Checking for XSync extension                    : passed

I m using XGL with on board graphic in Intel 845 GVSR

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
tech_your_future said:
Change over to AIGLX. XGL is good for ati. AIGLX does better on intel.

but this too doesn't solve my problem XGL is running smooth on my board but I can't beryl themes .

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I don't know much about linux...but I think beryl-manger Icon only visible when Suse run In Gnome desktop.
Please correct me If I am wrong.

I also faced the same problem....then I removed it.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
I too saw beryl-manager icon on gnome.and dont expect konsole to give X related O/P.try xterm or gnome-terminal for o/p.or use a package called sux:) installed.
but yes u have to select the correct window manager in this case beryl and it is easy via beryl-manager.so issue beryl-manager cmd and see,also if it shows metacity(err u use kde?) then replace via beryl --replace cmd.
I feel Compiz may be low in effects and plugins,but surely more stable.Also it will be good as beryl and compiz is in the verge of a merger.

eddie

El mooooo
You are not running Beryl's native window manager which is known as emerald...rather you are running KDE specific Beryl window manager known as aquamarine...this why you are not able to use emerald themes. You need to find kde window decorator themes and use them or change to emerald window manager.

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
eddie said:
You are not running Beryl's native window manager which is known as emerald...rather you are running KDE specific Beryl window manager known as aquamarine...this why you are not able to use emerald themes. You need to find kde window decorator themes and use them or change to emerald window manager.

^^ yes we are discussing this only how to start beryl with AIGLX and emerald in Open Suse 10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom