Trouble with Nero and the USB ports-Lappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

In the zone
dear experts,
i am really in trouble with my laptop. that, my 250gb is almost full with my most wanted contents. last week, i think, due to any of the virus attack, i have got trouble with my nero. that it shoes only the Image drive.but the dvd drive is perfect where i can play and open cds and dvd. but whn i am trying to write with nero, is says that, Administrator have to enable the permission for writing. and it saying to got to the control panel and enable this fron the Burning securities. iu have tried those too. but no way.

and about my USB Ports, all those too having trouble, that, it reads, but i cant copy paste, then an error msg will come that, U HAVE ENABLED THE DRIVE PROTECTION, where i havnt enabled.

really i am in trouble, i have really got upset, please please be kind to guide me in these problmes to sort out.

waiting with patience

yours
mobileman

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Try one by one if any work:
1.There should be a button on the backside or left side of your pen drive.
Try to Push this button & remove write protecting.

2.if there is no button try to format via command window.
format drive letter:
3. if not work insert widows xp cd and choose recovery console. This will provide you a command window. Now run the format command from here.
there may be virus in your system/pendrive. try all in safe mode.
You can also try two nifty utilities from majorgeeks.com

Enable USB Write

Disable USB Write

Last edited:
OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
dear all,
thanking you very much for the kind replies, well,
my problem is not that much silly, do u know, i havnt switched on on any of my usb drives, and they dont have those switch too. and whn i am trying to connect my ext hdd, still, this problms shows.but i can access the contents, but cant do any copy paste.
and i am sure that, my ports are not having any malfunction, coz, i am able to use my NIC for accessing to connect over net with all ports.

and what will be the problm with my Nero??i have uninstalled and re installed, still, the same result,

and dear RHIWICK, i have installed ESET Nod32.

waiting with patience
thanking you in advance

mobileman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom