Trouble (sending And Recieving Data)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUys got a big problem..........my internet keeps sending data and recieving data.....lol.......scanned with lavasoft ad-awaare PRO (cant tell ya how i got it) but nothin comes up ......nothing wrong with background processes......all are normal ones.......can't use spyware doctor and mcaffee as i'm using 64BIT version of XP(HARDCORE GAMER).........help guyz

paroh

Padawan
There are many cases that are common.

1)Like windows is updating
2)Antivirus is updating
3)Adware or spware is updaing

And if u are using broadband and using bridge type connection there will be some data transfer but it is limited to local loopback

as if u get 256kbps connection u would get max 32KBPS speed but if u are conecting through bridge it will show 56KBPS. but in reality u are getting 32KBPS and 34KBPS is used for local loop back

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Also it can be that any software which you have installed is updating.
It could be Adobe Updater or anything else.

OP
D

Dushy_smartguy

Broken In
thanx guyz, but there is no update running of any program in the background...........newayz i'll try using COMODO FIREWALL ......hope i come to know what's really goin on?

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Yes, Also if you can Get Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Trial Version.
Install it (it is free 30daytrial) ,Now Run a FULL Scan on your system.Remove any threats detected.Its Firewall will also monitor your internet and report which Software is Sending/receiving Data.
By the way, I recommend Kaspersky Only because I myself use it and I have found it to be good when compared to other Antivirus/Firewall Softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom