Transcend MP3 Player problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloggerplasma

Right off the assembly line
I've a Transcend 1 Gb MP3 Player(Transcend 610) ..Recently it acquired some viruses from my college computer so my antivirus(Symantec corporate) deleted some files from it,including the autorun.inf file.Now whenever I connect the player to my PC using the USB cable,I get a message from windows saying "New Hardware found-SMTP3500" Windows is unable to find a suitable driver for this so I'm unable to use my player..The player can still play songs though..pls help out..

Sourabh

Laptoping
You need to download the latest firmware from transcendusa.com and flash the t.sonic 610 again (even if you have the latest firmware installed). It will format the drive and make it as good as new. Do follow the procedure listed in the pdf guide. If you have some importact data to backup, you can try a live Linux distro.

OP
B

bloggerplasma

Right off the assembly line
You need to download the latest firmware from transcendusa.com and flash the t.sonic 610 again (even if you have the latest firmware installed). It will format the drive and make it as good as new. Do follow the procedure listed in the pdf guide. If you have some importact data to backup, you can try a live Linux distro.

Thanks a lot bro.That firmware update solved the problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom