Torrent Sites Blacklist North American Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
*dynamic1.dailytech.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=18&n=e98c852Citing increased pressure from piracy enforcers, operators call it quits

Within the last week, two popular BitTorrent sites began blocking users located in North America: Isohunt.com’s trackers now block users in the United States; and Demonoid.com blocks users located in Canada.

Starting last week, Canada-based Isohunt posted a notice on its front page, stating that it has disabled access from users in the U.S. to the BitTorrent trackers at Torrentbox.com and Podtropolis.com, which are operated by Isohunt. Isohunt elaborates, “This is due to the U.S.'s hostility towards P2P technologies, and we feel with our current lawsuit brought by the MPAA, we can no longer ensure your security and privacy in the U.S.” Isohunt, which only indexes the torrents posted at other trackers like The Pirate Bay or TorrentBox, then asked U.S.-based users to add and use other, unrestricted trackers in its search results.

Shortly afterwards, Demonoid.com – also based in Canada – went offline, and many speculated that the site had either been taken down by the Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA), or suffered major server failures.

With rumors flying, P2P news site ZeroPaid.com received an e-mail of indeterminate source which confirmed the server troubles, and that the site was indeed undergoing a rebuild. However, because the e-mail could not be verified, and Demonoid’s operator “Deimos” never officially commented on Demonoid’s status, ZeroPaid’s e-mail was not posted until today.

Regardless, Demonoid’s tracker was up by September 29, 2007. The website followed, resuming operations on September 30. Unfortunately, the return has a catch: due to interference from the CRIA, Canadian users are now blocked from Demonoid’s website and its trackers.

*www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=9103

praka123

left this forum longback
whtever- USA laws and their enforcement- p2p is the only place where a person can get his maximum freedom in internet in reality.but US is in the hands of billionaires there @hollywood, RIAA,software giant M$ etc-DRM itself is patroned because of US "futuristic" law DMCA craps.
wht will be there after few years for torrents to download?all DRM stuffs may be. :rolleyes:

lalam

In the zone
praka123 said:
wht will be there after few years for torrents to download?all DRM stuffs may be. :rolleyes:

Your scaring me! :D No i mean seriously. That must not happen we are humans and not some robots that needs to be control by technology, its we that should control technology as a whole of course.....

goobimama

 Macboy
DRM is on its way out. I think the companies are finally realising that its pointless to use DRM cause it doesn't curb piracy. Pirates will get through no matter what. At least I hope they realise this...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^+1 no matter what companies make there are much more talented persons to find a way around.They will have to completely change their approach.

goobimama

 Macboy
A better customer experience is what does the trick. Instead of bringing in all kinds of annoying 'devices', they should make the experience of legal purchases better than illegal. I mean, if I buy an original DVD, I have to watch a whole anti-piracy ad before watching the movie which is not the case if I download it... Providing a better experience, ease of use coupled with making it more affordable especially for third world countries would all make DRM look like a monkey's backside...

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
OMG !! Heard this news yesterday and dunno why just thought that to be a rumor/hoax... now, this is real bad.... my favorite torrentspy.... :(

I get this on searching:

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/1941/temprj5.th.jpg

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
this is the time when private torrent sites comes in, lucky im registered in blackcats

goobimama

 Macboy
If in case you didn't get the joke, I was talking about the "Please visit out other fine sites:" in the screenshot...and right below that should be a 'fine' site...

Status
Not open for further replies.