Top 3 Mozilla Firefox 4 Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^ i bought my 2 gb RAM from a retailer shop and it cost me 2k at that time..I don't know about the case of RAM from tree..I will check it soon :)
Dude, more computers are still using DDR1 ram, which is no longer in production. for a simple ram upgrade, they would need a complete platform change.

Which is costly like hell:rolleyes:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Please for God's sake, reduce the friggin' memory usage of the damn thing! Uses ~140MB for 2 tabs.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@iMav.. my old friend.. you really need to do something about your system.. it never uses more than 100 MB on my system.. with 7-8 tabs opened and whole lot of plugins installed..

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
FF also has issues with javascript. Heavy JS use can shoot your CPU usage to 100%, which means that neither FF will do its work properly, neither there will be any resources for other tasks.

There are people who suggest disabling javascript or using noscript. But seriously, how do you think you can have a great experience in the web 2.0 with JS disabled? Disabling js or using noscript is like symptomatic treatment, not a curative one. And I find that the problem goes on progressing. So a day shall come in my life where I start FF and simple appreciate the about:blank because I love my FF more than my work. Heck, I it can't do my work, I don't care whether its FF, open-source, most -popular or whatever.

I agree that plugins have great utility, but how many plugins are you gonna use? And they also reduce the performace and cause startup delays.

C'mon guyz its so impractical for me to use FF its gonna create so much problem.

^^ i bought my 2 gb RAM from a retailer shop and it cost me 2k at that time..I don't know about the case of RAM from tree..I will check it soon :)
Wow, I can't beleive it that you put that money to satisfy FF's illicit resource demands :D

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
IMO, The following things should be done in Firefox ASAP!
* Lower memory Usage, ATM Its Taking over 100MB of RAM:evil:
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/12260/2008-11-06-111240_1024x768_scrot.png

* Reduce Load or start up time
* Fix occasional Lock-ups, like sometimes it freezes for 3-4seconds and does not respond. However automatically return to normal after sometime.

With more than 10 Tabs open my memory usage is below 100 ..

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/26045_9mrfa/Snap.png

Err.. Despite more processes I have less Memory usage.. wth happened to Arch :p

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Thats because you have less ram:p, i have more
Normal Firefox memory usage reported by Windows might be as high as 100-150 MB. These numbers will vary because Firefox is configured by default to use more memory on systems that have more memory available and less on systems with less. If you experience substantially more usage than this, there may be a problem, or you may just be viewing pages with large amounts of data.
Reducing memory usage - Firefox

4T7

Journeyman
Firefox 103 tabs open including this[all loaded]
*img247.imageshack.us/img247/6066/screenshotfudzillagranpgc6.th.png*img247.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Memory usage
*img247.imageshack.us/img247/719/screenshotsystemmonitordh2.th.png*img247.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Try that in opera,chrome,ie or safari :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom