To upgrade RAM or not

Rohan Roy

Right off the assembly line
I have Hp 15-AB032TX laptop with 8GB ddr3 RAM,Intel core i5-5200U laptop with geforce 940m graphics 2GB and intel hd 5500 graphics integrated memory.It has 1 TB HDD.

I want to know that if i upgrade my RAM to 16 GB will I get any of these??

1.Improved performance on games like Black Ops3,AC Syndicate ?
2.General Improved performance(if yes plz kindly indicate approx percent)
3.Faster Boot-Up
I use my laptop for learning programming ,gaming and general purpose tasks.(Some applications like visual studio take a lot of time to boot up)
Thanks a lot.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

3.Faster Boot-Up

1. Nope. Games depend on the GPU. Yours is a low end 940m.
2. You get better multitasking and that's about it.
3. For that, use a m.2 SSD (like 850 Evo 120 GB) as OS drive since your laptop comes with an empty m.2 2280 slot.

Hrishi

I have Hp 15-AB032TX laptop with 8GB ddr3 RAM,Intel core i5-5200U laptop with geforce 940m graphics 2GB and intel hd 5500 graphics integrated memory.It has 1 TB HDD.

3.Faster Boot-Up
I use my laptop for learning programming ,gaming and general purpose tasks.(Some applications like visual studio take a lot of time to boot up)
Thanks a lot.
What's your System's memory/ram usage at maximum load?? If it never crosses 6-7GB, you won't feel a bit of difference.

Invest in a decent SSD, and help yourself with better loading times and responsiveness.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rohan Roy

What's your System's memory/ram usage at maximum load?? If it never crosses 6-7GB, you won't feel a bit of difference.

Invest in a decent SSD, and help yourself with better loading times and responsiveness.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Yes it doesn't cross 6 GB....
So if I get a SSD instead then how will it help speed up my PC apart from faster bootup ?

OP
R

Rohan Roy

1. Nope. Games depend on the GPU. Yours is a low end 940m.
2. You get better multitasking and that's about it.
3. For that, use a m.2 SSD (like 850 Evo 120 GB) as OS drive since your laptop comes with an empty m.2 2280 slot.

So instead of upgrading my RAM to 16 GB,it would be better that I just install an SSD in the empty slot.But wont it come with its own set of hassles like formatting the entire laptop,making it boot drive and clean installing Win10 on it ??Its quite difficult for a noob like me !!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So instead of upgrading my RAM to 16 GB,it would be better that I just install an SSD in the empty slot.But wont it come with its own set of hassles like formatting the entire laptop,making it boot drive and clean installing Win10 on it ??Its quite difficult for a noob like me !!
Installing windows is a piece of cake. Gone are the days when you needed to contact "experienced" person for it. There are numerous guides available. Just make sure to first backup your current windows license/key and then restore it later.

Top Bottom