To Restrict tcp/ip settings change ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I want to restrict tcp/ip setting change on my computer (windows xp) through registry. I am not able to find the settings in gpedit.msc. Please help

mrintech

Technomancer
May be these help you:

*forum.soft32.com/win3/MSDN-Article-Restrict-TCP-IP-Ports-Windows-2000-Windows-XP-ftopict48596.html

*www.pctools.com/guides/registry/id/31/

Configuration settings for the TCP/IP protocol are stored in several Registry keys. You can find some of these settings in the following branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

This branch contains the keys

\VXD\MSTCP,\VXD\MSTCP\ServiceProvider,\VXD\MSTCP\NodeType, and \Class\NetTrans\000x, all of which contain multiple TCP/IP settings.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I want to restrict access to tcp/ip setting so that nobody can change it without my permission on my pc

slugger

Banned
Open your registry and find the key below.

NC_AllowAdvancedTCPIPConfig - Restrict changes to advanced TCPIP configuration

Create a new DWORD value for each required restriction from the list below. Set the value to "0" to enable the restriction or delete the value to disable it.

Network Connection Restrictions

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Thanks Buddy its working. Aakhir ek mechanical engineer hi kam aaya last mein :D

For info of all others the key NC_EnableAdminProhibits (Enable Windows 2000 network connections for administrators) must be enabled in first place to enable any/all other restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom