To import worstar files in ms word doc format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilvc31

Right off the assembly line
Helo

I have tonnes of old files (records) worstar4 (.ws) format. I cannot aford to loose them. I wish to import these wordstar files in MS Word (doc) files.Please tell how to import files without loosing text formats.

Anil V. Chaudhary.
anilvc31@gmail.com

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check out *support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;235928 which indicates converting WS files to Word requires Microsoft Office Converter Pack but that is not available...

Next, check out *www.wordstar.org/wsdos/pages/downloads.htm for tools that convert Wordstar files to various formats including HTML & RTF. RTF format will probably be better than HTML format in retaining more structure... Then, you can open either in Word

Arun

sakumar79

Technomancer
Oops, I just noticed that the old Converter packs are superceded by the new Converter pack 2003... It is valid for Office from Version Office97... Link is *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...f0-70e5-4595-8a98-370278f40c57&displaylang=en

But, I am confused as it does not list Wordstar. So, download and check it out... About 1.8MB size...

Arun

calvin

Broken In
check out this link :
*www.thebeatlesforever.com/processtext/conversions_w.html
i didn't test it myself but they are free convrters

pretty useful!!

OP
A

anilvc31

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for helps.

Thanks to Mr. sakumar79 and Mr. calvin for providind helps. Now I have sufficient stuff to test. However i am going to delhi. After return, i will test them. I feel these are sufficient.

again thanks to all

your's

Anil V. Chaudhary
anilvc31@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom