Time to upgrade my pc but its very confusing nowadays....

heartripple

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Gaming and Movies

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:No.....This time I wanna try Intel rig only..

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:38k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:yes

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Win 7 x64

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:Already got 750+320 but wanna buy 2TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:1280x1024 right now i am using very old CRT display ..And will but new LCD in next 2-3 months

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:Yes

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:Last week of June

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:Sort of

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:SMPS,Keyboard & Mouse,Graphic Card,Display

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Navsari ( Gujarat ) And online is the only option I have... because here all the dealer will tell me about those crap...

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:CPU,Mobo,RAMs,Cabinet,HDD

Thank You

Cilus

laborare est orare
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 10.8K
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 @ 11.5K
Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 1 X 4 GB @ 2.45K
Lian Li Lancool K58W Cabinet @ 4.3K
Seagate 1 TB 7200.12 SATA @ 2.7K

Total is 29.3K

By the what PSU and graphics card you are having? If it is a local one like Frontech, Intex etc then its time to change it.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
SMPS Cooler Master Real Power 600 Watts
EVGA 9800 GTX+

One of my friend is using the same SMPS as mine with Intel Q9500 2 x $ GB Corsair Dominator RAM, 750+1TB+320 HDDs, 2 DVD Writers, Sapphire HD 4850.
So I think i wont have to change my SMPS. If my system will not run stable then I am ready to change the SMPS too.

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 10.8K
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 @ 11.5K
Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 1 X 4 GB @ 2.45K
Lian Li Lancool K58W Cabinet @ 4.3K
Seagate 1 TB 7200.12 SATA @ 2.7K

Total is 29.3K

By the what PSU and graphics card you are having? If it is a local one like Frontech, Intex etc then its time to change it.

I think I can have 2 sticks of RAM.
And I would like to buy Cooler Master Scout chassis.
And what about 2 TB HDDs ????

Piyush

Lanaya
I think I can have 2 sticks of RAM.
And I would like to buy Cooler Master Scout chassis.
And what about 2 TB HDDs ????

go for 2*2gb sticks by Gskill/Corsair

you can go for scout
other alternatives are k58w,NZXT M59,CM 690II advanced in that price range

single 2tb will cost 4.5k
Seagate Barracuda 2TB sata Hard Drive

Cilus

laborare est orare
heartripple, I know 2 X 2 GB will run on dual channel and will offer slightly better performance than a single 4 GB stick. But the thing is currently single 4 Gb modules are getting more and more mainstream now a days and their prices are also getting reduced. A 4 GB 1333 MHz value ram is available @ 1.8K. So for better upgrade options get a single 4 GB now and upgrade it into near future by adding another module if you need more performance. That time the price will be far more cheaper. If you check different configs purchased by our forum members in last couple of months, you'll find out that all of them actually have purchased 2 X 4 GB modules or a single 4 GB module.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
can someone tell me where to find real power 600. its not listed on cm site!
Power Supply -> By Series -> Real Power - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

Cilus

laborare est orare
can someone tell me where to find real power 600. its not listed on cm site!
Power Supply -> By Series -> Real Power - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

Use the Search by Watage option. Here is the link for Real Power Pro 550W But yes, some of the PSUs are not listed in the site and can only be browsed by searching Google and providing the name of the PSU

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
heartripple, I know 2 X 2 GB will run on dual channel and will offer slightly better performance than a single 4 GB stick. But the thing is currently single 4 Gb modules are getting more and more mainstream now a days and their prices are also getting reduced. A 4 GB 1333 MHz value ram is available @ 1.8K. So for better upgrade options get a single 4 GB now and upgrade it into near future by adding another module if you need more performance. That time the price will be far more cheaper. If you check different configs purchased by our forum members in last couple of months, you'll find out that all of them actually have purchased 2 X 4 GB modules or a single 4 GB module.

I know what you guys doing and I m looking for 2 x 4 GB RAM. 1 more thing I have 38 k to spend so what about i7 2600 ?

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
2500k is enough for you
spend the rest on a good cpu cooler/gfx card/something like that

Do I need CPU cooler??????? if yes then which one?
And I think my graphic card is good enough. Mostly I would like to play racing games.

you can go for scout

What about western Digital Green??
I am using my 320 GB HDD for last 4 years never faced any problem...

you can go for scout

which one is the best chassis out of you suggested I liked CM Scout because of its look and air ventilation.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I suggest you can invest another gpu and cpu cooler cooler master would do the need full v6gt is best cooler and allow you cpu i5 to over clock to 4.4ghz

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I never used Gigabyte motherboards so dont know how they perform....

I suggest you can invest another gpu and cpu cooler cooler master would do the need full v6gt is best cooler and allow you cpu i5 to over clock to 4.4ghz

I think Cooler Master V6gt may overshot my budget

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ heartripple

Your current card is old and obsolete. It doesn't gel well with a sandybridge based rig at all. Besides you won't be able to use the dx11 mode in all racing gamings currently like dirt 3, f1 2010( 2011 is on the cards), nfs hot pursuit etc.

Upgrade your card to lets say a 6950 2gb twin frozr III power edition @ 16k. 9800gtx is no match for current gen cards both in horsepower and features.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
@ heartripple

Your current card is old and obsolete. It doesn't gel well with a sandybridge based rig at all. Besides you won't be able to use the dx11 mode in all racing gamings currently like dirt 3, f1 2010( 2011 is on the cards), nfs hot pursuit etc.

Upgrade your card to lets say a 6950 2gb twin frozr III power edition @ 16k. 9800gtx is no match for current gen cards both in horsepower and features.

:shock::shock:You are kidding me...my budget is not so high that i can buy that kinda hardware:-(....and I will change my GPU but not now it will be in this diwali ...LCD,GPU,KB & Mouse all that stuff...so plzz at this time spare me....

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I got this price at my place .......

(1)Intel Core i5 2500K
(2)ASUS P8H67-M PRO B3 Revision
(3)Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL RAM.
(4)Western Digital 2TB WD Caviar Green SATA 3Gb/s
total ammount 30850/-

Top Bottom