Time to Buy a new TV!!!

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
What is the maximum file size that can be played from a USB device connected to this TV?

I have tried 9.8Gb MKV file.
It was 1080p with DTS audio.
the TV could play the file but not audio. I gues it does not support DTS5.1

Another file I tried was 9.2GB and it played just fine, it had AAC 5.1 audio and 1080p resolution. Plays just fine with 1TB NTFS
The tv supports Upto 2TB. but I don't know if it will support 4k HDD's as I don't have one.

It also creates a folder for tv recording but I could not get it to record anything.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Hey i was also thinking of buying the LG model but could you tell how the viewing angles vertically fare???

horizontally its 178 but could you test vertical??? Could you test like while sitting on the ground and the tv is above your eye line sight?

thanks

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
my viewing angle is 1/3 of the size of tv height below the bottom of the screen.
that is 300mm below the bottom portion of the TV.
I have absolutely no issues with color. From my experience of Panels I can easily say that this tv has true viewing angles as it has IPS panel.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have tried 9.8Gb MKV file.
It was 1080p with DTS audio.
the TV could play the file but not audio. I gues it does not support DTS5.1

Another file I tried was 9.2GB and it played just fine, it had AAC 5.1 audio and 1080p resolution. Plays just fine with 1TB NTFS
The tv supports Upto 2TB. but I don't know if it will support 4k HDD's as I don't have one.

It also creates a folder for tv recording but I could not get it to record anything.
Can u also test all the list of video formats (avi,mpg,mov, rmvb etc) from the USB and point of out which are supported and which are not?

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
LG 42LB5610 available for 42,236 at Infibeam.com :O

I had asked LG about this and they said to buy the TV only from their Authorised store as then only they can ensure that you get the freshest stock.
Mine was made in september2014.

PS: LG now makes tv's in india in Pune.

$hadow

Geek in making
i had asked lg about this and they said to buy the tv only from their authorised store as then only they can ensure that you get the freshest stock.

Ps: Lg now makes tv's in india in pune.

made in bharat

mitraark

Decrepit
I had asked LG about this and they said to buy the TV only from their Authorised store as then only they can ensure that you get the freshest stock.

PS: LG now makes tv's in india in Pune.

What's the advantage of getting fresh stock ? Is it worth 7k extra? ( honest query,not a flaming comment

mitraark

Decrepit
In Flipkart someone mentioned that the model sold online was older one,newer model had extra features ,this can be the justifiaction for the extra price.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
What's the advantage of getting fresh stock ? Is it worth 7k extra? ( honest query,not a flaming comment

In Flipkart someone mentioned that the model sold online was older one,newer model had extra features ,this can be the justifiaction for the extra price.

You know why they sell stuff for so cheap?
Its because they can easily sell display pieces to you.
the LCD would have been ON for months.
Getting the TV from an authorized re seller will at least give you the peace of mind that you are getting a new product and not something that has been sitting in a warehouse or hanging on a shelf for months.
Read this thread:
Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece - LCD /Plasma Tv

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^getting a Demo piece is not acceptable...
one shud always look for Genuine Seal on receiving the product.
and also check for total hours count for display in settings.

getting an older stock is normal but demo piece not

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
^^getting a Demo piece is not acceptable...
one shud always look for Genuine Seal on receiving the product.
and also check for total hours count for display in settings.

getting an older stock is normal but demo piece not

You are right. However, its not possible to easily find the LCD usage hours from every TV.
My product had a TAPE with two large staples on it. It was really difficult for me to open the box and the Idiot LG installation guys came the next day.
I told them to gtfo and leave the flexi vesa mount.
I also checked for wall mount scratches on the TV and so on as per the checklist.
TV's with dual stands look awesome.

mitraark

Decrepit
Can you list the items you got for free? I mean ,mention the specs.

Also,if.I buy the TV from.Infibeam, what extra costs might I have to bear? Installation charges ?

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Can you list the items you got for free? I mean ,mention the specs.

Also,if.I buy the TV from.Infibeam, what extra costs might I have to bear? Installation charges ?

I bought the tv from LG brand Store (shoewroom)
I got LG dvp132 basic dvd player
one Wireless headphone - basic - bad build quality
1 year extra warranty
49 lucky draw coupons - like I'm gonna win anything lel
Flexi wall mount - the best wall mount IMO

Top Bottom