Thin and Light laptop under 70K

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

• Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Android studio and VS code. Sometimes solidworks but that wont be something too gpu intensive.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

no

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Asus, lenovo
b. Dislike: Apple, msi

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution whatever is good.
  • Battery back up - Eyeing 7+ hrs on work.
  • Purchase place - Offline (Croma and the likes)

Will be carrying this daily so prefer light options solely due to this.
I want good battery backup. Graphics card is really not much required, but would be a good if present. The processor should be good. If suggesting intel, the intel Evo certifications would be nice. Something similar for AMD is also nice. I wont be gaming at all.

Will buy in december start to mid and not during diwali sale.

How much will the price increase If I aim for Ryzen 7 7xxx series processor?? Also how much battery backup to expect?
Check battery life of R5 5600U or R7 5800U Aero 13, it is the same CPU, just rebranded. Just check amazon once, it is 10k extra for R7 + 1TB SSD model.

Ryzen CPUs are more efficient than Intel, so can expect 6-7 hrs on normal load, not high load.
www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Pavilion-Aero-13-review-The-Pavilion-series-is-growing-up.553411.0.html

Zenbook 14 is another option, seems to have even better battery life:
www.amazon.in/ASUS-SmartChoice-Zenbook-Backlit-UM3402YA-KP541WS/dp/B0BTWBX34Y
www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-14-UM425U-laptop-review-A-duel-between-AMD-and-Intel.642712.0.html

R5 vs R7 is your call, see if the extra 2 cores are worth it. In some cases, the performance difference is not much. Many laptops with U CPUs score around 7000-9000 points in Cinebench R23, doesn't matter if it is R5 vs R7 or i5 vs i7 because of power limits & thermals.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Well Guys, Ultimately I fulfill my dream of buying another laptop.

I AM NOT A GAMER!!!!!!

Purchased an ASUS Vivobook S14 Flip (2023) with AMD Ryzen 5 Hexacore 7530U
16GB DDR4 RAM
512 GB SSD
2 -in -1 convertible
ASUS Pen 2.0 included
Model :- TN3402YAB-LZ541WS

@whitestar_999 , @omega44-xt , @RumbaMon19 Please give your views regarding my purchase.

Well Guys, Ultimately I fulfill my dream of buying another laptop.

I AM NOT A GAMER!!!!!!

Purchased an ASUS Vivobook S14 Flip (2023) with AMD Ryzen 5 Hexacore 7530U
16GB DDR4 RAM
512 GB SSD
2 -in -1 convertible
ASUS Pen 2.0 included
Model :- TN3402YAB-LZ541WS

@whitestar_999 , @omega44-xt , @RumbaMon19 Please give your views regarding my purchase.
Price? For under 60k, good enough.

I have 2 touchscreen laptops in my family, my father sometimes does use the touch whereas my cousin was excited about a touch laptop with pen but rarely use its touch or pen now (this is a flip laptop whereas my father's laptop is not flip). See where you end up regarding touchscreen usage.

kg11sgbg

I hope you have purchased the 1+2 years extended warranty incl 3 years ADP pack from asuspromo.in/terms because if not then do it fast as there is a 15 days limit to register for it from the date of purchase.
THANK YOU FRIEND!!!!
Doing it just now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Purchased the 1+2 yrs extended warranty at a cost of Rs.3499.00
You mean 2999, 3499 is for office H&S offer.

1700915221460.png

kg11sgbg

There is a glitch though...contacted ASUS Customer Care...they Helped me regarding these....

The dates should be from Today(not 6 months back)...
I haven't got the Bill/Invoice from Flipkart,so couldn't upload to ASUS site. Result is that they are considering the date of Manufacturing/Build of this Laptop....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No it is for 1+2 years extension....
Why is it showing remaining months 19 then even if considering warranty start from 6 months back which would make it 24 months total? You should see remaining months as 30 so after adding 6 months you get 36 months which is 3 years.

I haven't got the Bill/Invoice from Flipkart,so couldn't upload to ASUS site.
You can download invoice from flipkart order history page in app & upload that to asus website.

kg11sgbg

Why is it showing remaining months 19 then even if considering warranty start from 6 months back which would make it 24 months total? You should see remaining months as 30 so after adding 6 months you get 36 months which is 3 years.

You can download invoice from flipkart order history page in app & upload that to asus website.
Not available,Today. Will be available from Tomorrow.
What Asus said to me is that I shall get only extension for 2 years...for this amount.

Let me upload my Bill invoice to their website...and then see what happens...

Not available,Today. Will be available from Tomorrow.
What Asus said to me is that I shall get only extension for 2 years...for this amount.

Let me upload my Bill invoice to their website...and then see what happens...
What was mentioned earlier is that the mentioned price is 3k, not 3.5k. Also 2 year extension is beyond base 1 year + 3 year ADP is what you are expected to get. So end year should be in 2026 (2023 + 1 + 2).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What was mentioned earlier is that the mentioned price is 3k, not 3.5k. Also 2 year extension is beyond base 1 year + 3 year ADP is what you are expected to get. So end year should be in 2026 (2023 + 1 + 2).
I think they sold him not the usual warranty pack available on asuspromo website but the "retail care pack" available via MyAsus app preinstalled on all asus laptops which come with pre-installed windows. It is similar to packs available on asuspromo site but priced a bit higher.

I think they sold him not the usual warranty pack available on asuspromo website but the "retail care pack" available via MyAsus app preinstalled on all asus laptops which come with pre-installed windows. It is similar to packs available on asuspromo site but priced a bit higher.
Maybe OP, needs to be vigilant

kg11sgbg

Yes,that's it...feeling duped.:facepalm:

Yes,the warranty was through MyAsus App and NOT asuspromo website!!!!!!

kg11sgbg

One query,can I upgrade NVME M.2 SSD in this Laptop?
ASUS VivoBook S14 Flip Laptop?

Top Bottom