The World is Slowly catching onto On2 Video! Bye Bye DivX! When will you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Source: *www.on2.com/technology/on2-difference

Why Choose On2 Video?

Why Do the World's Premier Multimedia Companies Use On2 Video?

Companies choose On2 Video compression over Windows Media 9, Real 10, H.263, H.264 and MPEG-4 because:
  • our technology delivers better quality video at lower data rates (as measured in objective PSNR metrics)
  • our technology cost less to license
  • our technology carries no complicated patent licensing fees
  • we have been developing video compression technology since 1991
On2's products are used by some of the premier multimedia companies for applications like web video sharing, live webcasting, video VoIP, live two-way video instant messaging, satellite and mobile video, video surveillance, IPTV, and distance learning.
Below, you will find a list of some of our customers and explanations why they chose On2 Video. Customers like Macromedia, which chose On2 for the video compression technology in the new Flash 8 format; Skype for video VoIP; iFilm and muvee for consumer video applications; XM Satellite Radio for their video-over-satellite initiative; and Electronic Arts for games like The Sims II.
Click here *www.on2.com/tinymce/plugins/pdf/images/pdf.gif to access our latest white paper, which explains the benefits of On2's video compression technology over other proprietary and industry standard formats.
On2 prides itself on having the world's best video compression and pricing models that are flexible and can be built around the customer's business needs.

*www.on2.com/cms-data/logos/1132763652437649.gif Adobe (Macromedia)

"Quality. This is the first thing we looked at and our target was to at least cut the bandwidth in half while keeping the same visual quality... Portability. We do not only need to support Intel, but also PowerPC, ARM, MIPS and many others. Recompiling for a new platform had to be painless and essentially require no code changes. Optional availability of specialized code was a plus too, although we could have done some of that work ourselves."
-Tinic Uro Principal Engineer, Macromedia Flash Player

The quest for a new video codec in Flash 8

On2 VP6 Compression Technology Optimizes Highly Anticipated Macromedia Flash Player 8 for Highest Image Quality on the Internet

Flash 8 Poised to Take on Web Video

"We created Skype 2.0 to be fun and easy to use, with enhanced features that allow people to effortlessly stay in touch and express themselves online. On2's video compression has helped enable the quality of Skype Video."
-James Bilefield, vice president of business development for Skype
On2 Codec Offers High Quality Video to Skype
Skype offers Web video phone-calling feature
Popular Internet Telephone Service Adds Video to Voice

XM Satellite Radio

"As XM continues to expand the possibilities of satellite entertainment technology and content, we have incorporated On2's video technology for its quality in both streaming and cached playback applications."
-Stuart Cox, XM Vice President, Advanced Applications.

XM Satellite Radio Selects On2 TrueMotion VP6

XM going video with On2

Brightcove

"The quality and flexibility of Flash 8 video make it the standard for delivering Internet TV content to the browser. By offering On2 Flix Pro to our commercial preview customers, we can give the first video publishers using Brightcove easy access to state-of-the-art encoding tools they need to prepare their content for delivery in broadband channels distributed with our service."
-Jeremy Allaire, Brightcove chairman and chief executive officer.

Brightcove Selects On2 Technologies to Bring High Quality Flash 8 Video to Pioneering Internet TV Service

muvee Technologies

"Adding On2's Flash 8 encoding capabilities to muvee autoProducer now gives our users the added option of making their muvee productions in high quality Flash 8 video, which is great for online streaming."
-Terence Swee, muvee's founder and Chief Opportunities Officer

muvee Licenses On2 Technologies Flash 8 Video SDK

America Online

On2 Technologies Licenses VP5 and VP6 Source Code to America Online

AOL licenses On2 video codecs

On2 Scores AOL, Sony Deals

IFILM
IFILM Signs Flash 8 Video Encoding Licensing Agreement with On2 Technologies

Viewpoint

"On2 Technologies' VP7 codec delivers the performance and image quality we need to impress our consumer and Fortune 500 client base that rely on our platform and Unicast advertising offerings."
-Larry Allen, Viewpoint vice president and Unicast general manager

Viewpoint Adopts On2's Newest VP7 Codec Technology

Analog Devices

"The VP6 codec's ability to deliver full-motion, full-screen video compression is revolutionary and it is a signal processing challenge precisely suited to the video optimizations ADI has designed into our Blackfin Processors."
-Phil Davies, Director, Embedded Media Platforms Division, Analog Devices

Analog Devices and On2 Collaborate on Porting VP6 Full Motion Video Codec to Blackfin Processor

On2 Technologies Completes Initial Analog Devices Blackfin Port

*www.on2.com/cms-data/images/intel.jpg Intel Corporation

On2 and Intel Corporation Sign Codec Optimization Agreement

Texas Instruments

"As the streaming media market continues to grow and more products become available to consumers, it is critical that manufacturers offer the ability to support the industry's most advanced codecs. The addition of On2's VP6 video codec further strengthens TI's offering in this space."
-Henry Wiechman, business manager for TI's Streaming Media group

On2 Announces VP6 Support on Industry's Highest Performance Digital Media Processor

*www.on2.com/cms-data/images/sony.gif Sony Electronics Corp.

On2 Announces New VP6, TrueCast Solution for Streaming Home Entertainment System with Sony as First Adopter

Sony TV would grab streams from the Net

On2 Scores AOL, Sony Deals

Vividas

"We believe we have looked at all of the video compression technology available world wide, VP7 is, without question, the best compression software we have been able to find."
-David Winter, CEO of Vividas

Vividas Licenses TrueMotion VP7 for Mass Distribution of High Quality Video

ABC News

ABC News licenses On2 video technology

BBC News

"We will be updating all our systems with the latest software to take advantage of the new facility that provides live feeds at low data rates."
-Peter Mayne, Executive Editor BBC Newsgathering

BBC Television Journalists Being Equipped with QuickLink Technology Powered by On2's VP6 Video Codec

PS: NFS Underground & Most Wanted Videos were internally encoded in On2 VP62 Codec. All the Flash 8 Videos, are nothing but VP62!!!

Last edited:

parthbarot

In the zone
as i thnk, uptil now x264 AVC codec is the one which gives max quality-lower size in MP4 format...

now i need to check it...thax

ok see...
on doom9, vp7 of on2 is tested and finally, thay have given conclusion that "x264 AVC codec" is the one which gives lowest size and max quality (quality better then vp7 codec.)...

so currently i try to get some time to test x264 on my DAT files (i use VDUB for compression...)
i m mostly uptil now using xvid ASP codec...and its the best ASP codec....now will see for x264 AVC and may be vp7 also...
thanks.

Last edited:

parthbarot

In the zone
not vp7, but we shld use x264...i used it on my P3 1.1GHz,256 RAM and working fine with good speed..and i used all the features of it ( done in VDUB 1.6.11) ..then also working speedy..same as xvid...and size is lower then xvid + quality good... need to try it for big files...i just compresses 2 video songs...and tested the Output against xvid of the same files...

thanks.

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
U can make VP7 faster using the speed slider........it still gives almost the same quality.....and the other thing is, VP7is optimized for the latest P4's, so will run faster on them...a P3 is devoid of many features of a P4!!!

PS: Oh yeah......VP7 is commendable, because it is a proprietary codec, so has been developed from ground up by On2.....unlike MP4 Part 10 (H264) which already has a set of standards, which other ppl just have to improve apon, n thats what x264 is :)

Amd Im very happy that On2 is doing so well, and had got so many contracts........its just that most of the people have herd mentality n just use DivX n XviD bcos its been there.........Im really shocked to still see ppl encoding movies in DivX 3 (which just a simple hacked version of MS MPEG 4 V3)...tch tch........

BTW On2 has also been kiind enuf to make VP3 Open source long time back & VP3 & Vorbis are the best Open Source Combo Available....

Read Further...

*www.vp3.com/

*www.vp3.com/on2/pressreleases/release_062402_vorbis.shtml

Last edited:

Udaya Maurya

Journeyman
Can anyone tell me what converter I need to convert any video to VP7 video? I'm looking from a long time for a converter, neither xilisoft nor tvc support vp7 codec.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Rohan, I am seeing u endorsing ON2 Technologies like anything since many years, looks like an Ad to me

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ Abey, this is that many_years_old endorsement only.
Udaya Maurya, dont bump ancient topics.
Locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom