The Witcher 3

Knight2A4

In the zone
Using Afterburner to monitor ram usage i did check weather there is option to show total ram usage or the ram used by the game it just have option for ram usage. Its system ram. Vram usage for nivida recommended setting remains around 1200 mb .... Taking that it shows the ram used by the game. its gets around 6 gb in cities or areas with dense population. Did not check about Ubersampling but even after turning everything to lowest setting & lowering the resolution. then also it kicks me out at some occasion.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Using Afterburner to monitor ram usage i did check weather there is option to show total ram usage or the ram used by the game it just have option for ram usage. Its system ram. Vram usage for nivida recommended setting remains around 1200 mb .... Taking that it shows the ram used by the game. its gets around 6 gb in cities or areas with dense population.
I never had that high ram usage :/

And my system has only 8 gb ram installed. So 6 gb usage would have caused instability.

The only problem I had was constant BSOD on launching the game 1.05.

Seems to be fixed in 1.06 for me.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Okay just saw sex scenes in Witcher 2. How good is this thing in Witcher 3 ? Like Witcher 2 ?? Lesser ?? Better ??
Well in tw3 you get to fook while you look like a corpse

You will know what I mean when u play the game

But otherwise scenes are similar to tw2 but models are better this time around so... Get the flow

Knight2A4

In the zone
o.K went to CD project reds sites minimum requirement for witcher 3 is 6 GB, 8 GB is recommended ..... So its uses up to 6 Gb o.k .... The problem seem my system uses excessive amount of ram in ideal mode.... Would you tell what amount of ram is being used by your system when no program is using.

Alok

Adventurer
o.K went to CD project reds sites minimum requirement for witcher 3 is 6 GB, 8 GB is recommended ..... So its uses up to 6 Gb o.k .... The problem seem my system uses excessive amount of ram in ideal mode.... Would you tell what amount of ram is being used by your system when no program is using.

check for unnecessary background processes.

Knight2A4

In the zone
check for unnecessary background processes.

I know that i need to close unnecessary back ground process but how to identity unnecessary back ground process i do not want to close or block any thing that affected my normal system operation.

Alok

Adventurer
I know that i need to close unnecessary back ground process but how to identity unnecessary back ground process i do not want to close or block any thing that affected my normal system operation.

three things to look for > startup apps (msconfig>startup, tick hide windows app) ; task manager processes ; and malware scan as well. If you still can't figure out PM me snaps/log of startup and task manager.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
After around 70 hours, I think I'm nearing the end of the main story (the game's telling me to make a manual save as some secondary quests will not be available afterwards). Time for some free roam exploration, I don't want this game to end! :( I was thinking of a graphics card upgrade, but after playing this damn game, I see no other games in the near future worth the investment. :(

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
After around 70 hours, I think I'm nearing the end of the main story (the game's telling me to make a manual save as some secondary quests will not be available afterwards). Time for some free roam exploration, I don't want this game to end! :( I was thinking of a graphics card upgrade, but after playing this damn game, I see no other games in the near future worth the investment. :(
Fallout 4, xcom 2, deus ex mankind divided, me4 Andromeda, mirrors edge catalyst, doom 4, battlefront, MGS phantom pain

Want more?

And only 70 hrs? Hw mny quests did u skip?

Last edited:

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Fallout 4, xcom 2, deus ex mankind divided, me4 Andromeda, mirrors edge catalyst, doom 4, battlefront, MGS phantom pain

Want more?

And only 70 hrs? Hw mny quests did u skip?

Well, most of those games you listed are continuations of existing series which I have not played, so I guess to really get into them I'll have to play the older ones, so no upgrade required for a long time. :lol: Not really excited for Doom 4 now that Carmack's left. Only game I am looking forward to is the new Hitman since I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but the graphics don't seem too great from the E3 trailer.

Back to W3, I did almost all the stuff in Velen and Novigrad but haven't explored much in Skellige and Kaer Morhan. Am at level 25 now, well above what's needed for the main quest. Also never played Gwent.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Well, most of those games you listed are continuations of existing series which I have not played, so I guess to really get into them I'll have to play the older ones, so no upgrade required for a long time. Not really excited for Doom 4 now that Carmack's left. Only game I am looking forward to is the new Hitman since I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but the graphics don't seem too great from the E3 trailer.

Back to W3, I did almost all the stuff in Velen and Novigrad but haven't explored much in Skellige and Kaer Morhan. Am at level 25 now, well above what's needed for the main quest. Also never played Gwent.
None of the games I listed are a continuation story wise. You need not play any of the older ones.

Me4 is new story as previous story finished in trilogy.

Mankind divided is set further in the future.

Mirrors edge is a reboot so new story.

Hitman will be open world and new story.(missed this game sorry :D)

Fallout 4 completely new story.

Xcom 2 completely new story and gameplay.

Battlefront is another reboot.

Phantom pain has back story but it is not necessary for you to play. Anyway the older titles are all on console only.

And also forgot to mention Arkham Knight (once they fix it and release goty of course)

And dishonored 2: completely new story.

On a side note, fallout 4 with its plethora of mods will kill your gpu don't worry ;)

bikramjitkar

In the zone
None of the games I listed are a continuation story wise. You need not play any of the older ones.

Me4 is new story as previous story finished in trilogy.

Mankind divided is set further in the future.

Mirrors edge is a reboot so new story.

Hitman will be open world and new story.(missed this game sorry :D)

Fallout 4 completely new story.

Xcom 2 completely new story and gameplay.

Battlefront is another reboot.

Phantom pain has back story but it is not necessary for you to play. Anyway the older titles are all on console only.

And also forgot to mention Arkham Knight (once they fix it and release goty of course)

And dishonored 2: completely new story.

On a side note, fallout 4 with its plethora of mods will kill your gpu don't worry ;)

Cool, thanks for the info. Still, I guess I will be stuck in a Witcher hangover for many days to come. :lol:

gameranand

Living to Play

TBH if you put aside a few games then most of the game have new story even if they are a series. But to understand the lore properly, you need to play older games.
For example, XCOM 2 starts many years after the XCOM EU events, but to know what actually happened, you'll need to play first game.
Also in Mankind to know the Origin of Alex you need older games and in Dishonored too. So its not accurate that they have completely new story with no ties to previous games. They do have ties but its a thin line and it depends on you if you want to pursue that line or not.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
TBH if you put aside a few games then most of the game have new story even if they are a series. But to understand the lore properly, you need to play older games.
For example, XCOM 2 starts many years after the XCOM EU events, but to know what actually happened, you'll need to play first game.
Also in Mankind to know the Origin of Alex you need older games and in Dishonored too. So its not accurate that they have completely new story with no ties to previous games. They do have ties but its a thin line and it depends on you if you want to pursue that line or not.
Similar to tw3 I would say. Just like you can play tw3 standalone and many have done that.

Only hardcore fans will play all before moving on but that is optional. That's what I meant.

Top Bottom