The Windows Mobile Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

@Ricky:
That list is true to a large extent! :lol:

And sadly because of those reasons, I don't think WP7 can ever be accepted by a true geek. But the point is, WP7 is not meant to either. It's being targeted to a completely different genre of customers (aka non geeks). And hence can't really be comparing the two completely different platforms.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

You want your phone to do many things but you don't even understand logic behind 90% of them

This is one biased assumption

Ok, you can replace that one with any of the extra I gave in end.

Though, it simply means that there are people who see ads and then say wow .. this phone can send photo right after clicking.. and many other things, though we know its easy and how it is done but there are people who are derived and motivated by ads campaign ..
Remember, video calling, there are people who knows that there is feature like video calling but that doesn't know that your phone need to be in 3G mode to do that.. :)

@Ricky:
That list is true to a large extent! :lol:

And sadly because of those reasons, I don't think WP7 can ever be accepted by a true geek. But the point is, WP7 is not meant to either. It's being targeted to a completely different genre of customers (aka non geeks). And hence can't really be comparing the two completely different platforms.

True.. but unless its something very unique and exciting, people will not buy it.. after all its Geeks whose advices are considered before buying phone..

80% people around me buy phone, computer and tech stuff after consulting me and if I say NO then its strictly NO..

Microsoft is thinking that they can replicate iOS success.. God Bless THEM !...

sujoyp

Grand Master

err I can definitely compare an iphone with an wp7 phone anyday...just dont start again that iphone it have millions of applications ....if iphone is a hit that way y not a wp7 phone

I have used symbian before and definitely think its much more configurable....but WP7 is much user friendly and simple

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

err..
I am not an iPhone lover either, I have used most of the OS, windows 6.1, 6.5 , they were truely fun for me (definitely not for average user ie. the masses :p ) infact the windows 6.5 came to me bcz its owner was freaked out and he sold it to me :p.. I have also used symbian (one is still lying with me and works as backup phone) ..

WP7 is delight to use but you will get bored with very soon. I am yet to find 3G / 2G mode switcher in phone .. it does it automatically and its bad in it..

I donno what will happen with WP7, but definitely Nokia will suffer :p

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

Diagnosis menu is hidden stuff, what is code for this on Lumia 800 ?

shehjadi

Broken In

Diagnostics app code is ##634#

toggling between Edge and 3G can be done by
Settings/ Mobile Network/ Highest Connection Speed

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

Diagnostics app code is ##634#

toggling between Edge and 3G can be done by
Settings/ Mobile Network/ Highest Connection Speed

I know how to bring up Diagnosis app however, it asks for codes to get particular settings, the way you describe is not available in Samsung I guess.

sujoyp

Grand Master

y use some code...just use the simple application called 'toggle' ....u can attach it to tiles...its simple

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

I know how to bring up Diagnosis app however, it asks for codes to get particular settings, the way you describe is not available in Samsung I guess.

it is , just search for it on the web

btw, just applied for a new debit card, i'll get a mastercard with cvv so i can buy apps now :D

Found a work around for USSD

e.g.
i'm on docomo
*191# is for balance inquiry, last 3 deductions etc.

so if i have to choose option 2 i.e. last 3 deductions i simply do
*191*2#
and it works

if you want to choose option 3 do *191*3#
etc.

i know this is not a solution but it works

sujoyp

Grand Master

is that a good application?? I downloaded that "i am wp7" but found it confusing and not too useful...it got mostly nokia news only....uninstalled it

aroraanant

Explorer

It is available these days for around 17-18k, so considering that and and the brand value its a very good windows phone.

reniarahim1

Youngling
Windows Phone 8 Apollo Thread

Microsoft is supposed to unveil WP8 Apollo on June 20th.

Below are the upgrades that are being confirmed:
-> Multi-Core support
-> HD Resolution Support
-> Backward Compatibility for Applications.

I Hope it has,
-> SD Card support
-> USB Mass Storage support

Top Bottom