The Windows Mobile Thread

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

We should get it by end of July..

That is just an assumption.. earlier it was said that the update will be available in even the L520 by the mid June or the last week of June, but its still in testing phase in most of the countries..

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

That is just an assumption.. earlier it was said that the update will be available in even the L520 by the mid June or the last week of June, but its still in testing phase in most of the countries..

Yes!! its my assumption....
8-10 days back for all phones it was in testing phase but 5-6 six days back when I checked it was available for 625 & 925.[India]

giprabu

In the zone

Guys.. I recently bought Lumia 630.. Is there any way to hide or lock the sms threads.. I couldn't find any inbuilt app or third party app support. :-/

Flash

Lost in speed

Guys.. I recently bought Lumia 630.. Is there any way to hide or lock the sms threads.. I couldn't find any inbuilt app or third party app support. :-/
No you cant.
Only way is to lock the phone, to prevent others from peeking into your mails/messages.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Activate Kids corner and put a pin on your main account. Only people with pin can access your main account and the rest can only see what you choose to share under kids corner.

Flash

Lost in speed

Activate Kids corner and put a pin on your main account. Only people with pin can access your main account and the rest can only see what you choose to share under kids corner.
Actually the kids corner in WP has a drawback.
If u put a password lock on your main account and activate kids corner (KC), KC will also ask for the password (same password for both the accounts).
Only if you type the password, then the KW's contents will be revealed.

What's the use of password lock, then! :-x

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

^^ you have to launch kids corner first before handing over the phone :lol:
and MS hasn't done the necessary steps till now :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

btw, anybody updated to 8.1 gdr1 / 8.1 update 1?

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Actually the kids corner in WP has a drawback.
If u put a password lock on your main account and activate kids corner (KC), KC will also ask for the password (same password for both the accounts).
Only if you type the password, then the KW's contents will be revealed.

What's the use of password lock, then! :-x
What? Are you on WP8 or WP8.1?

Yesterday, I set up Kid's Corner on my cousin's HTC WP 8S running WP8, It didn't ask for any password when swiping from the lockscreen to KC. Only swiping up asked the password.

Will check it with my 520 running on WP8.1 and report back.

Flash

Lost in speed

^^ you have to launch kids corner first before handing over the phone :lol:
and MS hasn't done the necessary steps till now :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

btw, anybody updated to 8.1 gdr1 / 8.1 update 1?

What? Are you on WP8 or WP8.1?

Yesterday, I set up Kid's Corner on my cousin's HTC WP 8S running WP8, It didn't ask for any password when swiping from the lockscreen to KC. Only swiping up asked the password.

Will check it with my 520 running on WP8.1 and report back.

That seems to be a problem in WP8.1 and not WP8
Am on WP8.1 dev preview with the latest update (not update 1). I guess, it may be rectified in WP8.1. @Shah What you found?
Update:

An update named 'update1' is available for people running dev preview.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

i updated to WP8.1 Update 1 today and i cant take screenshots now,it says couldnt take screenshots
im guessing its a bug or an issue with my sd card :(

- - - Updated - - -

i removed the sd card and rebooted ,works now but will reinsert sd card and try now

Top Bottom