The Windows 8 Thread

rider

as Kratos
Yes.. debit cards also work. I checked the FAQ's

Windows Upgrade Offer - FAQ

I talked to customer care and they said the payment should be only through credit card or pay pal. Also there is no option in the setup to pay through debit card.

yea, some debit cards don't seem to work, use Entropay, I did that, cost me ~ Rs 712.

also I finished installation, the metro Interface looks beautiful. but can't explore more now:cry:, gotta go someplace :evil:

not some all debit cards, as i can see in payment option there is only two choice pay via credit card or pay pal.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Seems like quite a few people have used the upgrade option but everyone has lost thier windows 7 and adopted windows 8 but nobody is using both.

rider

as Kratos
Seems like quite a few people have used the upgrade option but everyone has lost thier windows 7 and adopted windows 8 but nobody is using both.

tell me a reason why someone would like to use worse windows 7 after installing windows 8 :p

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
I don't know worlds you are talking about. My suggestion is to better install ubuntu to keep dual OS.

I don't want to install ubuntu, I want to install win 7 and win 8, using the upgrade offer for win 8 of rs 699.

duke123

In the zone
I talked to customer care and they said the payment should be only through credit card or pay pal. Also there is no option in the setup to pay through debit card.

not some all debit cards, as i can see in payment option there is only two choice pay via credit card or pay pal.
Windows Upgrade Offer - FAQ
Yes, pre-paid debit cards are accepted from supported payment types such as Visa or MasterCard. The cards must also be ecommerce enabled for online purchases, capable of cross-currency transactions or purchasing in foreign currency, and do not require a pin to complete transactions.
To use a pre-paid card, select Credit Card as the payment method and complete the rest of the information to submit your order.

Last edited:

duke123

In the zone
I don't want to install ubuntu, I want to install win 7 and win 8, using the upgrade offer for win 8 of rs 699.

sam just create installation disc,then install a fresh install on a free partition you will get both OS...
do they send any license via email???

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Offtopic : I have 550 entropay balance left. Where can I use it? Not working with Paytm or recharge sites or even flipkart

Add Windows Media Center to Windows 8 Pro for free

*windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/feature-packs

dan4u

Took Off!!!

we won't loose Windows 7, I still have my windows 7 recovery DVD, so if I use that I can still get windows 7 back if I want. but I have to use it in the same system. and as far a dual booting win 7 and win 8, I really don't see the point, its from the same vendor. use ubuntu or something like that....

After spending 2.5 hrs installing Max Payne 3 i came to know its not supported on Windows 8. Spent entire evening trying to figure out to make it work but in vain :( :(

Now I want to know is it possible to run windows 7 using vmware and then run Max Payne in it?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
sam just create installation disc,then install a fresh install on a free partition you will get both OS...
do they send any license via email???

That is what I want to do but there is no surety it will work.

Upgrade and you will will loose the win7 license. So cant have legit dual boot. AFAIK

Yes, what is the source and where did you read this?

we won't loose Windows 7, I still have my windows 7 recovery DVD, so if I use that I can still get windows 7 back if I want. but I have to use it in the same system. and as far a dual booting win 7 and win 8, I really don't see the point, its from the same vendor. use ubuntu or something like that....

I want to have both OS because incase I don't like win 8 much I can shift to win 7. Plus I don't have to keep on installing and uninstalling the OS. Having them both at the same time is much better.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
I have decided to move to windows 8 but what If I want to reinstall the windows 8 again , how can it be done like Image file to install again .Please give details regarding reinstalling ?

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
I just downloaded my self for 699 at the same time it launched and it didn't ask any think to verify for that and my window is working full featured with media center edition.

icebags

Technomancer
After spending 2.5 hrs installing Max Payne 3 i came to know its not supported on Windows 8. Spent entire evening trying to figure out to make it work but in vain :( :(

Now I want to know is it possible to run windows 7 using vmware and then run Max Payne in it?

can you not run in in xp/ 7 compatible mode ? you have to have admin privilege though. Try searching online for max payne and windows 8 online.

Top Bottom