The Windows 8 Thread

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
God, I hate Windows 8 so much.. I was not able to connect to hostel WiFi for 2 days but my roommate (win 7 laptop) can connect it without any problem. I was refusing to believe win 8 was the problem, then under his advice I installed Win 7 as dual boot. After booting into win 7, I installed WLAN driver (the same driver used for win 8) and in the first attempt itself I got connected to the hostel WiFi. I dont know why ms messed win 8 so badly.

Vista was a messed up os and that's why we got win 7. So MS released another messed up os ie win 8 to release a great os like win 9 :D

jatt

In the zone
Hi,

I want to install win 8 on my Toshiba machine,
How can or from where can i get ISO of Win 8 and please give full procedure how to do that and what about license.Thanks

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Vista was a messed up os and that's why we got win 7. So MS released another messed up os ie win 8 to release a great os like win 9 :D

They better give me Win 9 free to compensate the ill effect of Win 8. :pray:

- - - Updated - - -

^ its a known issue with win8 and some router+win8.1 issue. It's fixed in win8.1u1

Are you sure its fixed ? I was in Win 8.1u1 when this happened.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I want to install win 8 on my Toshiba machine,
How can or from where can i get ISO of Win 8 and please give full procedure how to do that and what about license.Thanks

Make sure your pc / laptop meets the system requirements of windows 8 :
System requirements - Microsoft Windows

The pick up and but the edition that's most appropriate for you :
Get Windows - Microsoft Windows

$hadow

Geek in making
Code 31

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
I am getting this error on my y510p
Any idea how to fix this?

$hadow

Geek in making
Fix for Code 31
sorry had to do that

I already googled it but these problem do not work out what i was looking for. I had problem which says code 31 sensors not loading. But never mind I got the sensors working back to normal.

gameranand

Living to Play
Now I am getting some weird problems with this OS. Sometimes in some dark colored websites I get some graining. Its not much and not very noticeable but its there. Reinstalled the GPU drivers but no use. :|

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Can i install from an iso image of win 8.1.1 just by mounting through daemon tools?? Or is a separate media like DVD or pen drive needed??

amjath

Human Spambot
Can i install from an iso image of win 8.1.1 just by mounting through daemon tools?? Or is a separate media like DVD or pen drive needed??

Hope this helps

installation - How can I install Windows 8 on my HDD without the use of a USB or DVD? - Super User

amjath

Human Spambot
there is this optional windows update KB2975719 of 171 mb. What is it? Have you'll installed it?

August 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
I guess I did. IMO looking at the changes and bug fixes, doesnt look very important so thats y it is optional

Top Bottom