The Temples of Humankind

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad_den

Padawan
The Temples of Humankind are a collection of subterranean temples decorated in several motifs stressing peaceful human collaboration. The Temples are located in the foothills of the Alps in northern Italy, 30 miles from Turin, in the valley of Valchiusella.

The temples were created under the direction of Oberto Airaudi who, having claimed visions of ancient temples at age 10 from a previous life, began excavation and building in August of 1978. By 1991 most of the chambers were reportedly complete when Italian police, acting on a tip from villagers, conducted a raid on the Temples. Eventually the Italian government reportedly gave them retroactive excavation and erection privileges and the Temples are now open to visitors. The Italian government has gone so far as to say that they believe it is the Eighth Wonder of the World.

*img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/hallmirrorsDM2111_468x340.jpg

*img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/hallmirrorsDM2111_468x397.jpg

*img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/hallmirrorsDM2111_228x448.jpg

*img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/hallmirrorsDM2111_468x573.jpg

*img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/housetempleDM2111_468x403.jpg

*img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/hallspheresDM2111_468x334.jpg

But the 'Temples of Damanhur' are not the great legacy of some long-lost civilisation, they are the work of a 57-year-old former insurance broker from northern Italy who, inspired by a childhood vision, began digging into the rock.

It all began in the early Sixties when Oberto Airaudi was aged ten. From an early age, he claims to have experienced visions of what he believed to be a past life, in which there were amazing temples.

Around these he dreamed there lived a highly evolved community who enjoyed an idyllic existence in which all the people worked for the common good.

More bizarrely still, Oberto appeared to have had a supernatural ability: the gift of "remote viewing" - the ability to travel in his mind's eye to describe in detail the contents of any building.

"My goal was to recreate the temples from my visions," he says.

Oberto - who prefers to use the name 'Falco' - began by digging a trial hole under his parent's home to more fully understand the principals of excavation.

Amazing.. isn't it..??

Source and more details

And the homepage of this group...!!
You can have a 3d tour of the temples there..

Last edited:
OP
prasad_den

prasad_den

Padawan
The Worst Building in the History of Mankind

It's the Ryugyong Hotel in North Korea, where the world's 22nd largest skyscraper has been vacant for two decades and is likely to stay that way ... forever.
The one-hundred-and-five-story Ryugyong Hotel is hideous, dominating the Pyongyang skyline like some twisted North Korean version of Cinderella's castle. Not that you would be able to tell from the official government photos of the North Korean capital -- the hotel is such an eyesore, the Communist regime routinely covers it up, airbrushing it to make it look like it's open -- or photoshopping or cropping it out of pictures completely.

*www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/11/ryugyong-hotel-lg.jpg

Even by Communist standards, the 3,000-room hotel is hideously ugly, a series of three gray 328-foot long concrete wings shaped into a steep pyramid. With 75 degree sides that rise to an apex of 1,083 feet, the Hotel of Doom (also known as the Phantom Hotel and the Phantom Pyramid) is not just the worst designed building in the world – it is also the worst-built. In 1987, Baikdoosan Architects and Engineers put its first shovel into the ground and more than twenty years later, after North Korea poured more than two percent of its gross domestic product to build this monster, the hotel remains unoccupied and unfinished

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom