The SHOWOFF Thread

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Guys, just visited Vedant Computer, Kolkata, with Sumon Pathak. Was surprised to see AMD Piledriver FX 8350 is already present in their showcase and retailing at 12.58K including taxes. Couldn't resist myself, just purchased it. So I am probably the 1st official owner of PileDriver in Kolkata and possibly in India, not considering people who got it from abroad.
Here goes couple of pics:-
View attachment 7828View attachment 7829View attachment 7830

That's a very good price!! Congrats!!

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Guys, just visited Vedant Computer, Kolkata, with Sumon Pathak. Was surprised to see AMD Piledriver FX 8350 is already present in their showcase and retailing at 12.58K including taxes. Couldn't resist myself, just purchased it. So I am probably the 1st official owner of PileDriver in Kolkata and possibly in India, not considering people who got it from abroad.

Congrats on that purchase.
Looking forward to some benchmarks as Skud mentioned.

Ermm..i thought you already had a functional proc (fx8120), why this one then ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
I do have a FX 8150 now. Let me compare both the Processors and after that I'll be selling the 8150

S_V

In the zone

Congrats Cilus . Do let us know How it performs .....

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
VSonic GR02 Bass Edition

Bought VSonic GR02 Bass Edition after consulting fellow TDF memebr Thetrueblueviking... Thx a ton for providing advice on this.

Bought from - hifinage.com
Damages - 2199 (Cost) + 110 (Shipping) + 307.86 (Taxes) + 78 (Octroi) = 2694.86 (Total)

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ruhmgpx7TfQ/UNNVmknVl0I/AAAAAAAAEi0/oCyYRlHwFBE/s640/VSonic%2520GR02.jpg

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
This isn't really a showoff,but wasn't sure where to post. And felt too lazy to create a new thread. :p

Winter does have its benefits :D

*i47.tinypic.com/2zyc60j.png

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
CrossFireX setup with HD7950

Asus HD7950 DCII crossfired with Sapphire HD7950 Dual-X on Maximus V Gene mobo.

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ShhxSH6tUso/UC0A0n9vZ3I/AAAAAAAAETs/q4e6PefPHqw/s640/IMG_0013.JPG

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-E_6c6Ywd3Bc/UN1oqNj3prI/AAAAAAAAEks/p8efYVDSsPc/s640/sapphire_6.jpg

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CxxFCe-hNEc/UN12r3zZfOI/AAAAAAAAEmA/PgoLNFxpg9A/s640/Test%2520Setup.jpg

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-A0z-C7my77g/UN1mvuZcDwI/AAAAAAAAEjc/fTt8y1VFKSU/s640/CrossFireX_1.jpg

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4IV6w_VG9fE/UN1mgoZN6zI/AAAAAAAAEjU/KJM5J5mD80M/s640/CrossFireX_3.jpg

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-PdU6yWpypVg/UN1m_cyzr9I/AAAAAAAAEjk/8UHDq0Wtf5w/s640/CrossFireX_4.jpg

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Had gone for MVg for OC potential when Formula was not released (gene came in the market 3 months before Formula in India). Will buy Formula when the prices drop to 18k level :p .... One of my friends is already interested in buying MVG second hand.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Congrats mandar.........btw will you post some bench of games on this cf setup....man they are gonna crush any game on 1080p resolution......!
Next will you be going for a monitor upgrade.....?

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Congrats mandar.........btw will you post some bench of games on this cf setup....man they are gonna crush any game on 1080p resolution......!
Next will you be going for a monitor upgrade.....?

Check out the CrossFireX scaling review - HD7950 CrossFireX Scaling Review

Related to monitor... yes I do have plans... but the priority is different... 1st a PSU upgrade then Maximus V Formula and then the monitor.
If anybody interested in getting my Gene for 2nd hand let me know, I already have a friend (not so close friend) of mine who is ready, but getting better price never hurts :)